Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Infant sleep apnea

blessedflower

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:20 pm
Anyone has or had a baby with sleep apnea? How was it diagnosed?
My baby snores terribly. I took a video and showed the dr but he said that as long as he continues to breath it's not a problem. Now at home I checked him while he is sleeping and I saw several times that g stopped to breath for a few seconds. I am freaking out! It's so scary Surprised

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:22 pm
Typically diagnose by a sleep study. Of yo it e truly concerned make an appt to see a pulmonologist

dinglehopper

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:26 pm
Snoring in a baby is not normal. Take him to the pediatrician and request a referral for a sleep study or an apnea monitor.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:54 pm
Would you take him to an ENT? My child snored terribly until we did an adenoidectomy. DC's adenoids were so enlarged, they were obstructing the airway.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 3:41 am
Take him to an ENT. Sleep apnea can cause all sorts of issues if the baby is not getting enough uninterrupted sleep. My toddler was sent to a sleep lab. His results were very bad and we ended up doing surgery. Right after surgery he became a much calmer and happier child.
Goid luck

blessedflower

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 5:49 am
Is this something that can wait to be discussed with his dr until Tuesday? If I want to reach the dr earlier it will have to be trough whatsapp and I'm not sure it's important enough

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 6:15 am
My doctor said that dealing with sleep apnea is extremely important, but not urgent. It often takes a month or two to get an appointment by a sleep study center.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 7:13 am
Check for tongue tie! It can mess with jaw and airway structure and cause apnea.

anonymrs

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 7:59 am
Tongue ties could be connected to sleep apnea.

blessedflower

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 8:03 am
It's not a tied tongue. I had that checked when he was a newborn because he didn't nurse well

blessedflower

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 8:07 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
My doctor said that dealing with sleep apnea is extremely important, but not urgent. It often takes a month or two to get an appointment by a sleep study center.
thanks that's very reassuring. I was literally scared to fall asleep last night, but than this morning I was able think straight and I thought It's crazy to freak out like this, he has it for a while already, nothing will change today

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 9:51 am
blessedflower wrote:
It's not a tied tongue. I had that checked when he was a newborn because he didn't nurse well
Was it checked by a tongue tie literate provider? A lot of pedis are not familiar enough.

blessedflower

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 5:19 pm
I'm so confused. Is it normal to have bad days/periods and good ones? I have an appointment for a sleep study in two weeks. The past few days he is snorring less. It was bad for quite some weeks before it got better. Should I cancel the appointment if it stays like this?

For information, it looked like his tonsils were enlarged. I didn't check again yet

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 5:37 pm
Might as well just keep the appointment.
Otherwise if it comes back you’ll be frustrated
Meanwhile take videos of whenever it happens.

What about an apnea monitor for the meantime?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics