Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Keto help!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:35 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Or add fruit
This why iMHO- GREYSHEET food plan is really the best
Basically
Breakfast is a fruit portion and a protein portion
Lunch a salad and a protein plus 1 TBSP FAT
Dinner a salad, a veg, a protein plus 3 TBSP FAT

And fruit sets off my binge eating. To each their own.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:41 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
That’s wrong too. I eat all the protein, healthy fats and veggies I want and lost weight like crazy very quickly. Add exercise and it’ll be even faster.

1) if another was following my suggestions, I was sugggesting that she get the carb cravings under control before modifying anything for weightloss.

2) weirdly, there’s no proof that exercise helps weight loss. The evidence says exercise is good for the purpose of health but the results vary widely for people in terms of whether it helps weightloss. This appears to be genetic and can be thought of as people who respond to exercise or don’t. Which is why when I was walking 100 miles a month, it didn’t help me lose weight.

I’m writing a paper on this right now actually and it’s crazy how pervasive this idea is. We should exercise for all sorts of reasons but losing weight is not one of them .

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:43 pm
I follow nsng. Happy to send the PDF of you email me. I don’t count macros. How you implement for you is based on what works for you but I agree with the person who said that it’s actually easier the stricter you are. For me, anyways.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:48 pm
Studies show that exercise is more important to health than weight loss is. Re dieting, all known diets have low success rates long term.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Studies show that exercise is more important to health than weight loss is. Re dieting, all known diets have low success rates long term.

The best diet is one you can maintain. I’m attempting a journal article on it. Nerve wracking.

Also I think exercise is important but also eating a good, real food diet that is not high in processed foods. What you actually weigh may still be statistically important in current evidence but I also think that it’s possible one day we will see evidence that fatness is not as much an indicator of health as what a person eats and how much they move.

I am currently still very overweight but very healthy and full of energy. My doctors say they wish their patients were all like me except they’d be out of business. I still check in with them because I think I damaged myself a lot over my 45 years of disordered eating but still, all indications are go for not doing myself future damage.

Also weight stability is important. Stability in general is important. Dieting is so killer in so many ways. I have a theory that a mild caloric deficit with an enjoyable eating plan for the person will work for most ppl better long term than a fast weight loss that is not enjoyable or sustainable for various biological and psychological reasons. Working on proof of this. It’ll probably be years sigh.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 11:32 am
andrea levy wrote:
The best diet is one you can maintain. I’m attempting a journal article on it. Nerve wracking.

Also I think exercise is important but also eating a good, real food diet that is not high in processed foods. What you actually weigh may still be statistically important in current evidence but I also think that it’s possible one day we will see evidence that fatness is not as much an indicator of health as what a person eats and how much they move.

I am currently still very overweight but very healthy and full of energy. My doctors say they wish their patients were all like me except they’d be out of business. I still check in with them because I think I damaged myself a lot over my 45 years of disordered eating but still, all indications are go for not doing myself future damage.

Also weight stability is important. Stability in general is important. Dieting is so killer in so many ways. I have a theory that a mild caloric deficit with an enjoyable eating plan for the person will work for most ppl better long term than a fast weight loss that is not enjoyable or sustainable for various biological and psychological reasons. Working on proof of this. It’ll probably be years sigh.

Andrea , May I pick your brain?
You say you don’t keep to macros or do any calorie counting
But I can’t lose weight unless I go to less than 1000 calories.
Basically I eat protein, low carb veg and fat
It’s hard to increase fat and stay under 1000 calories. Very occasionally I’ll have nuts, but I always go overboard so I try not to have them around.
OTOH- when I do GREYSHEET with the fruit I lose nicely, but it’s not sustainable and I’m sometimes hungry.
Can I have tips on losing weight knowing the above and feeling satisfied

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:15 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Andrea , May I pick your brain?
You say you don’t keep to macros or do any calorie counting
But I can’t lose weight unless I go to less than 1000 calories.
Basically I eat protein, low carb veg and fat
It’s hard to increase fat and stay under 1000 calories. Very occasionally I’ll have nuts, but I always go overboard so I try not to have them around.
OTOH- when I do GREYSHEET with the fruit I lose nicely, but it’s not sustainable and I’m sometimes hungry.
Can I have tips on losing weight knowing the above and feeling satisfied

Weightloss is very individual and I don’t have all the answers but if you pm me with more details, I will be happy to tell you what I know.

I don’t think anyone should have to live on 1000 calories a day and also think that on such a low calorie count, weight loss may not be sustainable because our bodies rebel.

More details would be good tho.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 4:45 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Weightloss is very individual and I don’t have all the answers but if you pm me with more details, I will be happy to tell you what I know.

I don’t think anyone should have to live on 1000 calories a day and also think that on such a low calorie count, weight loss may not be sustainable because our bodies rebel.

More details would be good tho.

I’m sure some ppl can benefit
So here goes
Age=53
Height=5’0
Current weight= 160
Goal weight = 130

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 6:01 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
So here goes
Age=53
Height=5’0
Current weight= 160
Goal weight = 130

If you really want to talk this through, you can pm me. Nutrition is very individual amd is also based on your heslth status, your personal status and ability to be self sufficient in whatever way of eating you decide on.

I’m willing to share my own experience but not prescribe nutrition. Each person is different and what is relevant to you is not necessarily relevant to others. If it was easy we’d not have any issues.

The closer you are to your goal weight the harder it is. Harder to lose and harder to keep off. You have to decide whether it’s worth it to you to be so severely calorie restricted that the biological and mental difficulties you’d face would be worth it( they are very well documented in the scientific literature.). I’m pretty sure they would not be worth it for me. Number of Calories are not the only thing that matters type of calories matter too but the closer you are to goal, the more they do matter.

However, if eating low carb makes you feel good and energetic and have less pain and less mental stress then it’s worth it to eat that way and not stress about weightloss.

Your decision really.

fiji

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 3:57 pm
I've been doing keto for over a year and never been happier. To answer your questions: I bli ayin hara don't get cravings for carbs. I look at them as almost like an allergy- if I have them, I don't feel well. There are very good sweetners (monkfruit is the best in my opinion) and tooonnsssss of dessert recipes using almond/coconut flour. Also, lilys brand makes great stevia sweetened chocolate.
In terms of having time to make special things I find I spend the least amount of time cooking for myself vs my kids and husband. Most meals are a protein plus veggie and those require minimal preperation.
I will say that cooking three separate diets is very challenging and it's probably only successful since I'm a SAHM. I do keto, my kids eat typical kids food, and my husband eats a plant based whole food diet with some lean proteins (basically the opposite of what I do). For shabbos the whole family basically does keto. It works bc my kids are little and don't care that there's no kug. but when I'm with other ppl I tell them I eat proteins with no sugar added and low starch vegetables (if they ask I them a list). Lots of shabbos food is basically keto food anyway and you can always add in other non keto foods for other family members.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 9:27 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
That’s wrong too. I eat all the protein, healthy fats and veggies I want and lost weight like crazy very quickly. Add exercise and it’ll be even faster.

How did you lose weight like crazy? I didn't lose a single pound even though I didn't have any carbs at all. Can you tell me what you ate in a day and how much?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 9:19 am
[quote="amother [ Hotpink ]"]How did you lose weight like crazy? I didn't lose a single pound even though I didn't have any carbs at all. Can you tell me what you ate in a day and how much?[/quote

I would also like to know

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:40 pm
BUMP

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:44 pm
It is very individual
Influenced by person’s metabolic system etc
Helps to go to a good nutritionist who works off your recent bloodwork

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:50 pm
What is the hechsher on Lily’s chocolate?

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:49 am
Hot pink, if you are still on please share what you eat in a day. I’m curious

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:24 am
[quote="amother [ Blonde ]"]What is the hechsher on Lily’s chocolate?[

OU-d and taste great too!

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:31 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I mean it’s true that it is used in children with epilepsy but there is nothing unhealthy about it unless you are a type one diabetic who does not take insulin and has high sugars.

Can you please explain why its not good for someone ini this situation?

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 6:59 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Can you please explain why its not good for someone ini this situation?

Are you type 1 and not taking insulin?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 7:08 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
So here goes
Age=53
Height=5’0
Current weight= 160
Goal weight = 130

Try this calculator
https://macrosinc.net/macro-ca.....-one/
Choose sedentary activity level and low carb.
The carbs will still be too high if you want to stick with keto. Make sure you hit the recommended amount of protein. But you can go over on fats and under on carbs. Just stay under your calorie limit for the day.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise