Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Cd that has the basic tefilas in it

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:33 am
For a 20 mo old boy.
I don’t know the tunes for shema and hamalach hagoel etc Sad
I have 2 cds of children’s Jewish lullabies from chabad and I play it every night.
I want to get into the habit of singing along to shema and hamalach to a cd during bedtime.
I do know a tune for modeh ani and adon olam but I’d love to learn more tunes and stuff.

Any recommendations?
Don’t want to use YouTube

Last edited by PeanutMama on Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total

shanarishona

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:38 am
Child’s first siddur. Cd and book.
Amazing.
Can’t remember exact name.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:41 am
My first song along siddur
It comes along with a CD

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:53 am
Great thank you so much!

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 2:01 am
Weird question but when do people start teaching little children basic tefilos?

My son obviously can’t speak yet but I guess it won’t hurt to say shema and hamalach etc with him in my arms or on my lap so he can hear what prayers we say in the morning and bedtime
Honestly don’t know how it works but I’d love to start somewhere. Better late than never

Is it both the mother and fathers job or mostly the mother’s?

Sorry just new to this 🙈

trixx

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 2:09 am
You can say modeh Ani and then Shema at night. Model brochos before food and maybe asher yatzar. Honestly anything more than that I leave up to davening in school.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 2:13 am
Mostly mother
At 20 mo, no pressure

Shema, baruch shem, first paragraph veahavta and hamalach at night

2 yr old morahs usually sing

(I'll try to find a link)
We open one eye
Modeh ani
Torah torah
Little torah
Shema, baruch shem, first paragraph veahavta
Ani maamin

holylandgirl

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 5:29 am
Not sure if this had exactly what you’re looking for and some tunes may not be universal- its chabad
https://jewishmusic.fm/album/m.....ddur/

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 9:18 am
I second everything. Model brachos but leave the actual teaching till school; that's more age-appropriate. (I know chashuve mechanchim/rabbanim who advocate not pushing it too early.) Shema, Modeh Ani, negel vasser.
As far as tunes, there's the standard Shema tune.
Hamalach hagoel, there are a number of tunes out there. You can google and you'll find singers you're probably familiar with. Pick one you like. There's a very frum children's CD (Torah Avenue?) that sings it to Brahm's Lullaby.
When my kids were little I sang Modeh Ani to You Are My Sunshine. (Not my idea, don't remember where I heard it first.)

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:11 pm
Thanks everyone! Yeah of course the basic stuff like Shema and modeh ani, just would love my kid to hear what we say daily.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:12 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I second everything. Model brachos but leave the actual teaching till school; that's more age-appropriate. (I know chashuve mechanchim/rabbanim who advocate not pushing it too early.) Shema, Modeh Ani, negel vasser.
Hamalach hagoel, there are a number of tunes out there. You can google and you'll find singers you're probably familiar with. Pick one you like. There's a very frum children's CD (Torah Avenue?) that sings it to Brahm's Lullaby.
When my kids were little I sang Modeh Ani to You Are My Sunshine. (Not my idea, don't remember where I heard it first.)

I heard that version of modeh ani! I think it was by one of those Acappella groups

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:33 pm
Lechaim kindergarten cds have some basic tunes , I’m not sure if it has tefilla on them but I would wait till he starts playgroup or cheder. I don’t daven with my two year old. He’s almost three. We do say berochos and modeh ani and shema at night. That’s about it.
Even with my six year old, I don’t make him say the whole krias shema.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:39 pm
My first sing along siddur!! I love it!

I play it on you tube (before you all blast me - the people who put out the cd have a you tube channel so I play it from there) but they also have a cd and book set you can but.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 3:20 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
My first sing along siddur!! I love it!

I play it on you tube (before you all blast me - the people who put out the cd have a you tube channel so I play it from there) but they also have a cd and book set you can but.

Why would they blast you😦
I’m planning on getting that next week or the week after. IYH.

I play a bunch of Jewish songs from YouTube too lol when I can’t find it on Apple Music. By the way does anybody know that slow version of adon olam? The ones that German Jews sing in their shuls (I’ve been told in the past it was a tune most German Jews sing idk not sure it was so long ago), not the modern one from the 1970s lol (the one with the fast part in it.) It’s actually the first song I heard when I walked into shul the very first time in my life. It was sung during mincha or maariv, and I’d love to hear it again
No luck on YouTube since everything is music and it sefira now

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 5:26 pm
From the day my kids are born I wash them neigel Vassar once in the morning, say modeh ani with them and say shema and hamalach at night after the last feeding before I go to sleep and once they start sleeping for longer stretches I say it when I put them to sleep.
They're never too young to start teaching them.
Definitely get him the CD and he can listen to it or you can learn to sing it with him. As he hears it over and over again he will start picking up on words and join you.
Here is a great one that I have (I think someone else mentioned it too). You can even find clips on you tube of parts of it
https://www.amazon.com/My-Firs.....43932

Eta: even if you start listening to the YouTube clips I still recommend getting the set because he will learn to follow the pictures in the book and be able to sing the songs without the cd.

Dina2018

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 5:51 pm
https://www.chabad.org/multime.....x.htm

https://www.chabad.org/library.....s.htm

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 9:23 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

I had no idea they were the same tune till this moment and I've been singing both for years. 🤣

It's like second nature but in separate parts of my brain.

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:43 pm
I have use "davening with niggunim" in my playgroup.

It is available on jewishmusic.fm and youtube.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:00 pm
Look up “preschool morah” on youtube. There’s sweet videos morahs did when their schools were closed due to covid, for the kids to do the tefilos with them at home. Morah Rivkie, Morah Ester were sweet.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 8:19 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I had no idea they were the same tune till this moment and I've been singing both for years. 🤣

It's like second nature but in separate parts of my brain.

Do you also sing Melech chai v'kayum yum yum yum yum?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics