Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Where are you going this summer?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 6:27 am
Looking for a new place to visit in the US this summer. Last summer, we drove down to Orlando and loved being near lots of other frum families. My kids had friends to play with and there were minyanim.
Orlando is packed this summer with vacationers. I would go to the Catskills but I don’t know where to look. We are OOT yeshivish.
Any suggestions? We are looking for a place near other frum families.
Any suggestions?

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:13 pm
NH is beautiful, family friendly, affordable, and a lot closer than Orlando. It's usually full of frum vacationers in the summer. The minyan is located in Lincoln, NH, near Loon Mountain. Information will be posted closer to the summer at http://lincolnnhminyan.com/

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 8:25 pm
We went to Palm Springs for Pesach and it was great. Hot! Perfect weather to lounge in the pool all day. The Chabad there is fantastic, as well.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 8:51 pm
Lancaster, PA

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 9:54 pm
I live in PA so I feel less need to “get away” because there’s so much to do within 2 hours drive. Most sundays we go somewhere within an hour, longer trips once or twice during the summer.

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 10:06 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
We went to Palm Springs for Pesach and it was great. Hot! Perfect weather to lounge in the pool all day. The Chabad there is fantastic, as well.

Palm Springs is indeed a lovely getaway (I was recently there myself), but I would never recommend it for a summer getaway as OP requested because of the boiling desert temperatures, nor would I describe it as a place that is packed with vacationers and where her kids will make new friends, unless she's going as part of an organized program. It's much smaller in scale than Florida (which I loved!), and the sense I got was that the people going there were much more independent and really just got together for minyan.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 10:11 pm
doctorima wrote:
NH is beautiful, family friendly, affordable, and a lot closer than Orlando. It's usually full of frum vacationers in the summer. The minyan is located in Lincoln, NH, near Loon Mountain. Information will be posted closer to the summer at http://lincolnnhminyan.com/

Last summer there weren't really many frum families in NH because of Covid. Most places were closed. There wasn't a regular minyan there.

Knowledgeable

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:09 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I live in PA so I feel less need to “get away” because there’s so much to do within 2 hours drive. Most sundays we go somewhere within an hour, longer trips once or twice during the summer.
I would love to hear more about PA and possible attractions in the area, if you don’t mind please PM me thank you

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:24 am
Knowledgeable wrote:
I would love to hear more about PA and possible attractions in the area, if you don’t mind please PM me thank you

Depends where you are and how far you want to drive.
Lots to do in Philly area, in the Poconos, around Allentown. All a short/easy drive from NY or NJ.
Lots of state parks, hiking/biking, boating.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:33 am
Tannersville or Hunter NY.

Goody2shoes

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:45 am
Rhode Island
did that with sibs and nieces and nephews. kids didn't want to go home in the end

amother
White

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:13 pm
Bar Harbor Maine

cuffs

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:25 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

Palm springs is 115 degrees in the summer. I wouldn't reccomend it unless you can tolerate such heat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics