Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Wild boy shoe strategy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 2:26 pm
Energetic 7yo boy destroys shoes. What's my shopping strategy here? Buy one really expensive, solid pair of shoes, or just buy a ton of cheap pairs? I've never invested in the expensive ones before, so I have no way of knowing if he won't destroy those too. Something tells me he will, just it will take a bit longer.

But one thing I know for certain, mid price range is a waste. Gets destroyed. Fast.

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 2:39 pm
My 10 year old is really hard on his shoes. I find that the better brands like geox last longer. Most years, one pair lasts for the whole school year. My husband bought ugg brand for the most recent pair. I get them on amazon the most I have ever spent was $70 most years the shoes are more in the $50-60 range.

Also the style matters. Last year we tried a slip on style like this https://www.amazon.com/Geox-Bo.....to_dp and it was destroyed much faster. He needs something that buckles or laces up.

This is a more recent pair and I think it holds up much better https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....99bc3

This was also a pair he had one year and it did not get wrecked when he out grew it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....1dc82

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 5:59 am
Bumping this up to get more input. He ruins all his shoes, shabbos shoes, sneakers and sandals.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 6:10 am
My boys did well this year in those pull on short leather boots.
I think they were 150-200 nis.
They have Nike fir the summer now.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 9:52 am
How fast are his feet growing?

If he needs a new size every few months, you might as well stick with the cheap ones, as he'll probably ruin them just in time to go up a size.

DD was the same way. She was really hard on her shoes, but was also growing fast. No way was I going to spend a ton of money on something that she would wear for 3 to 4 months tops.

When you find shoes on a 2 for 1 sale, buy the second pair one size up. DD found some black Converse knock-offs, and we got two pair for the same price as one pair of the name brand. She felt very clever and frugal, and didn't mind at all not having the same brand as the other girls. They tried to tease her, but she told them that they were the ones who were silly for spending all that money!

On the other hand, maybe you should have his feet studied by a podiatrist. If he's pronating, he'll ruin his shoes in no time, no matter how expensive. He may need orthotics in order to stabilize his gait. In that case, it's a good investment. It's important for spine health, as well.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 9:59 am
I have a 4.5 year old that has been ripping two pairs of pants a week. His Geox lasted so long that the other day I realized he’s had them for a long time and probably needs a bigger size. Sure enough he was in a size 10.5 and wears a 13. 😮 oops
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics