Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Looks like we got the dreaded corona
Previous  1  2  3

southernbubby

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:09 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
The harm they do is displacing other treatment. In this case, the most important thing is to get a pulse oximeter and practice the recommended breathing exercises.

Whenever we had low oxygen levels, we walked around the house and drank water and BH it immediately improved. We checked our pulse ox on Shabbos and Yom tov. We did take some supplements and my husband takes low dose aspirin and we both take statins.
I don't think that the OP will require medical treatment beyond good hydration and the Jewish people have believed in the chicken soup cure since before homeopathy was invented so she really needs to try some. Have a carry out place deliver it because it can help with hydration and protein.
That pulse oximeter, however, is super important and anything below 93 that doesn't come back up after drinking water and walking around needs to be dealt with by a medical facility.
Also, coffee really bothered me because my pulse was elevated so ditch the joe and stick with tea and broth. Don't exert yourself. The cleaning lady can't come in but the OP should ignore the mess.
OP can sit on the back porch and relax and walk around at intervals.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:21 pm
Please get a pulse ox delivered today.

Consider monoclonal antibodies

Refuah Shelaima! Hope it goes easily for all of you.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:28 pm
Chicken soup is healthy, but many of the people I know who lost their sense of smell found that chicken or anything made of chicken had an unpleasant taste.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:28 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I disagree. There are proven treatments, please find out about them. And the most important thing is to take them early on before you get serious symptoms (which can pop up later on).

Those depend on eligibility. A pulse oximeter doesn't.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:30 pm
You will feel sick for around 10 days... maybe even less. Some of you will get it very mild, some worse. Everyone just needs to rest and drink a lot even if it’s the last thing you want to do. It’s also important to eat whatever you can to build back up your strength.
I was one of the first to get in last year March/April. My whole family got it at that time. We were back to ourselves, living a regular life after a couple of weeks. It’s not fun to be sick. I hope you feel better very soon.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:37 pm
Many end up with anosmia long term.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:49 pm
Chicken soup is healthy, but many of the people I know who lost their sense of smell found that chicken or anything made of chicken had an unpleasant taste.

I didn't know that! DH had no appetite but I didn't lose my sense of taste and smell. Some members of our family had that symptom and others didn't.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 3:38 pm
We just got it over the Chol Hamoed.
Husband and I got monoclonal antibodies immediately - we are in our 50s and have high blood pressure.
2 older kids took ivermectin and symptoms disappeared within hours.
My husband also took the hydroxychloroquine/zinc/zpack combo and his symptoms disappeared a few hours later.
My symptoms - bad headache and cold symptoms lingered but BH we are all ok.
Our doctor gave hydroxychloroquine to all his geriatric patients who got sick last year.
He lost only one - out of over 40 very old people - and that woman only contacted him more than a week in.
My brother in law was hospitalized last year - very sick with COVID. They gave him hydroxychloroquine in the hospital and BH he recovered soon after - so in our family we believe in
It sounds like you are on top of things.

Here is the website about Monoclonal.

https://www.covidplasmasaveali.....vid-1

Refuah Shelaima!

fleetwood

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 4:06 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
OP, iyH you will be fine.
I have asthma and b"H I didn't develop any of the usual wheezing I would get from a regular cold.
I took zinc, D, C, quercetin, and baby aspirin

I recently read that kefir (a probiotic yoghurt drink) has been found to prevent the severe inflammation that can come about from covid. Probiotics are always good, so worth getting that if you can.

Please don't take baby aspirin before speaking with your doctor. Feel better.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 4:22 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Please don't take baby aspirin before speaking with your doctor. Feel better.

Agreed (my doc recommended for me).
Ill edit my post to make that clear.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 8:53 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Whenever we had low oxygen levels, we walked around the house and drank water and BH it immediately improved. We checked our pulse ox on Shabbos and Yom tov. We did take some supplements and my husband takes low dose aspirin and we both take statins.
I don't think that the OP will require medical treatment beyond good hydration and the Jewish people have believed in the chicken soup cure since before homeopathy was invented so she really needs to try some. Have a carry out place deliver it because it can help with hydration and protein.
That pulse oximeter, however, is super important and anything below 93 that doesn't come back up after drinking water and walking around needs to be dealt with by a medical facility.
Also, coffee really bothered me because my pulse was elevated so ditch the joe and stick with tea and broth. Don't exert yourself. The cleaning lady can't come in but the OP should ignore the mess.
OP can sit on the back porch and relax and walk around at intervals.

Is the low dose aspirin to prevent clots? I will ask my doctor about it. I did order the pulse oximeter and it should be here tomorrow. Appreciate the suggestion.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 8:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is the low dose aspirin to prevent clots? I will ask my doctor about it. I did order the pulse oximeter and it should be here tomorrow. Appreciate the suggestion.

My husband has been taking it for years but it does prevent clots in men but I am not sure the effect on women. I have hemophilia C so I don't take anything to prevent clots.
Keep us posted with your progress!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 12:08 pm
It's day 8 for me. Feeling awful. Took two antigen tests on Wednesday and both came back negative. No shortness of breath, but chest definitely hurts. Sleeping around the clock. Super achy. So crazy. Thinking to take PCR test too at this point.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:43 pm
You’ll be so much better next week. It’s so annoying but you just have to rest and rest some more... it will pass soon

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's day 8 for me. Feeling awful. Took two antigen tests on Wednesday and both came back negative. No shortness of breath, but chest definitely hurts. Sleeping around the clock. Super achy. So crazy. Thinking to take PCR test too at this point.

Rapids are notorious for false negatives. Of course take the PCR.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 2:21 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Rapids are notorious for false negatives. Of course take the PCR.

I thought that was mainly when people tested early on. I was already on day 6. But I just got swabbed for PCR test so should have results late tomorrow night.

One person told me that this far into it even a PCR test might come back negative because I have probably started making antibodies and that an antibody test might be better because it would show how far along into the process I am. Anyone ever heard of this?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 2:25 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
You’ll be so much better next week. It’s so annoying but you just have to rest and rest some more... it will pass soon

Thank you. I could literally sleep through this. But I'm kind of afraid of doing that. Been forcing myself to sit up, walk around the house, etc.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 3:39 pm
Many end up with anosmia long term.

I got it a year ago March. A few months later I started having this weird taste thing with food in plastic, particularly salad bags and mustard. A few weeks ago it just stopped. BH.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 8:08 am
Had an absolutely miserable Shabbos. I never imagined how rough this would be. Got some budesonide last night and it does seem to have helped a bit plus fever broke so hopefully turning the corner. It's day 10.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics