Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Poll: did you get/plan to get the covid vaccine?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Did you get/plan to get the covid vaccine?
Yes  
 59%  [ 155 ]
No  
 29%  [ 77 ]
Not sure yet  
 11%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 261

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:02 pm
Mint—if you are concerned, please give your doctor a call. Allergic reactions are very rare, but they can happen. Talking it through with your doctor may help distinguish whether how you feel is in the expected range for side effects. Feel good.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 12:12 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I just got my first shot 3 hours ago and I am feeling very scared. I have a strange metallic taste and feeling in my mouth and my face feels and neck numb and has uncomfortable surges of tingling at the same time, especially on the left side. My left hand (side where shot was injected) also feels numb with surges of tingling in my wrist, also in my left ankle. I feel generally strange, like allergies are coming on (upper respiratory fullness, a slight headache, kind of out of it). Can anyone reassure me please?

Please call your doctor to make sure it's nothing they want to check out. Refuah shelaima!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 2:41 pm
Just bumping this up. Are you ok?

Sammi1195

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 2:58 pm
Whole family had Covid in January and will not consider a vaccine until antibodies are out of our system (Dr explained it's basic immunology and risks are increased when one has antibodies and gets the vaccine) He can't understand why checking for antibodies isn't a requirement before getting the vaccine, aside from the fact that perhaps insurance companies don't want to pay for that.

That said, we are going to approach this carefully. It gives me pause that 2 out of the 4 vaccines that were on the market were taken off so quickly. That's a little scary. It's also upsetting the the reason J&J was taken off was swept under the rug by the media. It was NOT the 6 people out of a few million who had blood clots (as the media reported) which is obvious since 6 people would be statistically irrelevant. More people than that get blood clots from the pill each year. Do a little digging and it seems there were a significant amount of reported cases of healthy people suddenly experiencing a serious loss of platelets (something called ITP). there are some other reports coming out about people developing tinnitus, hearing loss, changing menstrual cycles...

It seems that maybe this vaccine could trigger autoimmunity in people predisposed? Who knows. And that's the point. It usually takes 8-10 years of testing before a drug is marketed to humans. This drug was understandably developed quickly and I am just not comfortable feeling like a test subject.

I am not saying the pros outweigh the cons, I am just saying that my choice is to have my family wait a while before running to inject this insane virus.

Teomima

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:16 pm
All of my friends and (of age) family members have received both shots. B"h a million times over. I can't wait for the 12-15 vaccine to be approved so I can get the kids I have in that category vaccinated. I'll still have my youngest two to worry about, but since most everyone we know is vaccinated, they're kept relatively safe. B"h life is finally starting to return to normal.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:40 pm
I am the person who posted after receiving the first dose of Pfizer last night. I had a very hard night, with surges and aches through different areas of my body. The most troubling to me is the fact that my face feels like it has been injected with novicaine (numb, tight, achey and tingly) and the metallic taste in my mouth. I also feel inflammation in my upper respiratory system, like a cold coming on. My neck and shoulders/upper back are stiff. I generally feel off and a little disoriented, irritable, and weepy at times. And of course my arm is very painful in the area of the injection. The feeling in my face just frightens me, it was NOT on the expected list of side effects. I did not calling doctor because I am not dying, and short of that, they have no idea. If this does not easy up shortly I will not be receiving the second dose.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 5:58 pm
I was hoping you’ll be feeling better. Please please please call your doctor. Don’t wait.

dena613

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:01 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I am the person who posted after receiving the first dose of Pfizer last night. I had a very hard night, with surges and aches through different areas of my body. The most troubling to me is the fact that my face feels like it has been injected with novicaine (numb, tight, achey and tingly) and the metallic taste in my mouth. I also feel inflammation in my upper respiratory system, like a cold coming on. My neck and shoulders/upper back are stiff. I generally feel off and a little disoriented, irritable, and weepy at times. And of course my arm is very painful in the area of the injection. The feeling in my face just frightens me, it was NOT on the expected list of side effects. I did not calling doctor because I am not dying, and short of that, they have no idea. If this does not easy up shortly I will not be receiving the second dose.

Please please cask your doctor.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:03 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

Please call your doctor immediately! It does sound like a symptom that is likely to happen from a vaccine, and I have heard many complain of these symptoms after a flu vaccine. Please call your doctor, it can be dangerous!

ETA: Does this sound like what you are experiencing?

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.or.....drome

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:34 pm
Thank you everyone. I called the doctor and she said that some people (around 15%) experience my symptoms of nerve issues and I should come in if it seems worse tomorrow morning. I am very disappointed that I am in the unlucky 15%. Please daven for me to get back normal feeling in my face very soon. May you all experience only good health.

ChossidMom

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 6:36 pm
Not getting it and neither is anyone in my family. It is not a vaccine. It is experimental gene therapy and the side effects are really frightening. I have been reading up on it alot. Many people in my direct orbit are having very nasty side effects. A few deaths as well.
Do your homework, People!!!

shaqued_almond

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 9:02 pm
I got the first pfizer shot in Friday. So far no side effects. the injection site is a bit uncomfortable, I wouldn't really call it painful because I only feel it when I circle my shoulder or press on it. Immediately after I got the shot I pumped my hand a few times and tried to massage my arm to get the blood circulated. It's what helped my son's when they get shots. I never had covid before.

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 9:36 pm
Another mint, I was thinking bout you over shabbos. How are you feeling?

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 9:41 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Another mint, I was thinking bout you over shabbos. How are you feeling?

Thank you for asking. I b"H have feeling in my face and the metallic taste in my mouth is gone. The feeling like I have a cold and fever is gone now, too. My injection site is much less sore. I still have a feeling like a pinched nerve in the back of my neck. I am relatively young and never had Covid. Based on my experience with my first shot, I am undecided if I will get the second shot. I spoke to my doctor and she said with just receiving the first dose, I will be 50% protected, so better than nothing...

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 9:44 pm
Thank you for answering. Really relieved that you are feeling better. Hope you have clarity as to getting the second shot. Feel good!!!!!

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 9:45 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
Not getting it and neither is anyone in my family. It is not a vaccine. It is experimental gene therapy and the side effects are really frightening. I have been reading up on it alot. Many people in my direct orbit are having very nasty side effects. A few deaths as well.
Do your homework, People!!!

Can someone explain this line to me? Is it true? Do none of the other routine vaccines have a similar makeup?

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 9:51 pm
So happy not to partake in this experiment...

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:44 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Can someone explain this line to me? Is it true? Do none of the other routine vaccines have a similar makeup?

Yes, it is true, none of the other routine childhood vaccines have this exact or a similar makeup. It is the first time mrna technology is being used on the masses on large scale.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:58 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Yes, it is true, none of the other routine childhood vaccines have this exact or a similar makeup. It is the first time mrna technology is being used on the masses on large scale.

No. This article explains it better. It's a different technology but it's not changing your genes. It's mrna, not dna.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...../amp/

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:02 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
No. This article explains it better. It's a different technology but it's not changing your genes. It's mrna, not dna.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...../amp/

The question I answered was "is it true none of the other vaccines are like it?" Not sure why you are saying no.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics