Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why is earliest mikvah appt so late? šŸ˜¢
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:07 pm
The earliest appointment on Tuesday night is 1030 pm!! I'm gonna cry! Why?!? Haven't been to the Mikvah in quite a while (bc and when pregnancy) so I'm shocked.

I'm just after a baby and going back to work this week; I can't come home so late and only then start our night and then be up with baby all night and then go to work....ugh ugh ugh

Was I supposed to call earlier? Are all the other appointments grabbed up? Is this like everything else in Lakewood that you need to reserve years in advance or there won't be anything left? šŸ˜¢

(ETA I really love Lakewood I'm just super frustrated now.)

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:10 pm
yup, you were supposed to call earlier...

Call at 7:00 am 2.5 days before you need to go. That's when they open for appointments and if you don't call right away...

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:11 pm
I don't live in Lakewood but where I am appointments open at 7am for the next week. So if I got a good herself on Tuesday then I can call after 7am Wednesday morning to schedule an appointment for Tuesday night. I always try to call as soon as possible. I can make changes if I need to but at least then I am sure to get the time I want.
Too late for now, op, but keep it in mind for the future. Try to call as soon as your able to.
Good luck!

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:11 pm
It's like everything else in Lakewood, the frum community is growing so fast that the infrastructure can't keep up.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:13 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
It's like everything else in Lakewood, the frum community is growing so fast that the infrastructure can't keep up.
10:30 is actually great for this time of year if you didnā€™t call the moment the phone lines opened. Before they opened the second mikvah youā€™d get 1am.

I donā€™t think they ever had a goal to get everyone in at shkiya. Financially it makes more sense to stagger appointments.

Frumme

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:16 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I don't live in Lakewood but where I am appointments open at 7am for the next week. So if I got a good herself on Tuesday then I can call after 7am Wednesday morning to schedule an appointment for Tuesday night. I always try to call as soon as possible. I can make changes if I need to but at least then I am sure to get the time I want.
Too late for now, op, but keep it in mind for the future. Try to call as soon as your able to.
Good luck!

Wow. That's crazy, sorry!

I'm OOT and we call 4 days in advance.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:17 pm
I learned right away that you MUST call 7 in the morning 3 days before. Like if you have to go sunday night, call 7 friday morning. For monday mikvah you must call the second shabbos ends.
I didnt know that and I called sunday morning for monday night and I had to go very late to a different mikvah I wasnt used to...

amother
White

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:21 pm
There are other mikvaos that may have earlier. Let me know if you want a number to try.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:28 pm
You can always call the number for the Mikvah on Tuesday And they can usually squeeze you in for earlier

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:49 pm
Did you try all 3 of the main mikve? Sometimes one has a certain time but if you say you want a shower you can get earlier at another one(madison, phase one or phase 2)
Try with a different phone number. Don't forget to cancel first app if you get another one!
There's also satmar on forest?

SuperWify

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:58 pm
10:30 isnā€™t too late. I got a 11:30 last time Sad

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 3:07 pm
I really think there should be early appointments reserved for kimpeturin!

little neshamala

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 3:09 pm
SuperWify wrote:
10:30 isnā€™t too late. I got a 11:30 last time Sad

Oh my gosh that is crazy!!
Is there a town nearby that you can get normal times? Even if you need to travel, it may still be worth it...

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 3:11 pm
Can try the mikvah 40 minutes away if you can. Iā€™m sure you can go at like 830 or whatever earliest time is...
Itā€™s in twin rivers. Itā€™s call central Jersey mikvah.
Or there is one in Manalapan that you can google also probably much easier to get earlier appointment.
Or try deal Nj

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 3:14 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I really think there should be early appointments reserved for kimpeturin!

Or for older people in their 40ā€™s who canā€™t stay up so late anymore...

Op, call at 9 and ask if you can come. Do the prep at home so you are in and out. If you prepped already they usually let you go earlier.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 3:37 pm
I called the Shore Area mikvah; they have an 825 appointment.

Does anyone know if 825 means the time you dip or the time you come to start preparing? Also do they allow prep there or at home?

neverbored

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 3:43 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
You can always call the number for the Mikvah on Tuesday And they can usually squeeze you in for earlier

This šŸ‘†šŸ»

They actually told me to do this when I complained once about the same thing.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:00 pm
I'm so lucky that where I live there are no appointments and there's never any waiting. there are enough prep rooms for half the community at once....
I can't imagine how hard it is to have to go by appointment. I find mikvah so stressful to begin with, that having to work everyone's schedule around it - without being able to tell them why! -- I would probbably have a panic attack every time.
Especially with a tiny baby. What if your baby needs to be fed pinkt then? or whatever? it's so hard!
Good luck.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:08 pm
Happens to be there are around 40 prep rooms at 3 large newish Mikvas. Plus smaller mikvaos ... itā€™s enough to accommodate. Since they donā€™t want anyone to have to wait, they tell you to schedule.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:14 pm
Do you drive
Try to call the Mikvah in West Deal - brand new very glitzy, very spa like.
Yes itā€™s far, but youā€™ll get an appointment around 8:30

732 531 3220
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries