Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Inspiring People

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 9:41 pm
Reading about bad and corrupt people can leave a bad taste in the mouth.

We bH have many special and inspiring people in the frum world who are doing incredible things. These people make me want to be a better person and a better Jew.

One person who inspires me is Rabbi YY Jacobson. He is a true asset to our community. He is able to share the wisdom of Torah and Judaism in a passionate and compassionate way. He devotes hos considerable talents to uplift and inspire people. I also met him in real life, and he is a humble, down to earth, very approachable person.

Another person who I feel inspired by is Rebz. Henny Machlis a"h. While reading the biography of her life, every page was like a guidebook on how to be a happy, fulfilled and giving person.

Who inspires you and why?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:39 am
Bump

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:47 am
People who have true bitachon and don't get swayed by the way things seem to be on the outside

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:47 am
Rabbi Yisroel Grossberg

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:48 am
My toddler

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 8:38 am
Rav ovadia yosef zt"l.
Worked tirelessly to free many many agunot.

Wasn't afraid to have his name "besmirched" like many of our leaders today

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 9:00 am
My DH who went through a crazy life as a child in a disfunctional home, worked hard at himself and is an amazing DH and father.
He is also is going through a H-ll of a life currently, and he always has a smile, being upbeat and positive regardless of what's going on in his life. He doesn't bear a grudge at people who are rude to him. He is always being Dan leaf zchus.
He is an average guy out there but is truly a tzaddik inside.
He is is devoted spouse, and amazing father to our children, who are extremely high maintenance and challenging. Several of them carry the label ADHD or on the spectrum, and this is coming from his wife.
He is also a true baal chesed, He is willing to go out of his way day or night to do anyone a favor, as hard as it is for him.
At this point, I will also point out that he is a devoted member in Hatzalah and runs on calls to help strangers at any given time!
He is a total selfless man.

Woman, no need to crawl too far to find such special people like tzaddikim (who are incredible). Special people are all over.
Think about people who go through excruciating challenges and wearing a smile, trying to get on with life with simcha. Look how many people are so selfless and giving, even though they go through stuff themselves.
Mothers of special needs children, wearing a smile and carrying on with life.
Childless couples, keep going to simchas with a smile while they are hurting inside tremendously.
Why are they less to admire than a popular godel Hador?
Those who don't get the plaque for being such a special person that everyone can see.
Those who are non-judgmental, I admire you!
THEY are, YOU are a godel Hador!!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 9:27 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Rabbi Yisroel Grossberg

Who is this and why do you admire him?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 9:43 am
Rabbi Abraham J Twerski u"h. His wisdom surpassed anyone's I have known. Yet he was very humble.

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:11 am
Rabbi Yisroel Grossberg

Same.
The biography I read about R' Shlomo Freifeld. I find biographies of mechanchim more inspiring than of gedolim because getting to their level is more reachable and attainable than becoming the next Rebbetzin Kanievsky or R' Shach.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:22 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Same.
The biography I read about R' Shlomo Freifeld. I find biographies of mechanchim more inspiring than of gedolim because getting to their level is more reachable and attainable than becoming the next Rebbetzin Kanievsky or R' Shach.

Yes! I was so inspired by the bioraphy of Rav Friefeld as well as Rav Leizer Geldzhaler (both written by Yisroel Besser)

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes! I was so inspired by the bioraphy of Rav Friefeld as well as Rav Leizer Geldzhaler (both written by Yisroel Besser)

I also own the biography of R' Leizer Geldzahler!

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:30 am
On my list:
R Friefeld
R Gissinger
R Trenk
Rebbetzin Jungreis

I read the book about R Machlis. I wish there more such biographies about women.
I’d love to read a biography about R Zehava Braunstein.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:40 am
Rabbi and Rebitzen Machlis

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:44 am
I’m not lubavitch but the Rebbe.

One of my takeaways is that he never hated the person. He may have disagreed with you but he loved you anyway. He kept his disagreements to ideas and didn’t make it personal.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:55 pm
My 4th grade teacher was one of the kindest, wisest people I ever met. When I met her it was the first time I knew how I wanted to be when I grew up.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:56 pm
Rabbi Yisroel Grossberg

SAME!!!!

ETA Fun fact: He's the one who told me to write With All I Am and kept on encouraging me until I actually did it. We were discussing something about having a personal relationship with Hashem and he told me, "You know what I'd like to see...?" Rabbi Grossberg is a true gadol. The kind of gadol who's legit in the trenches with Klal Yisrael.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational