Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Does this diagnosis make sense ? (UTI)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 10:02 am
This issue is going on with a daughter of a close friend who doesn't have Internet access
Her 5 year old daughter has been losing bowels without feeling it and it caused her to have a major rash . She can have her underwear changed a few times a day . She can't go to school because of this .
We live in UK and the medical system here is so messed up .
My friend took her to hospital today because it became so bad . The girl was miserable. She was in pain because of the rash and kept on having accidents. The bowels are extremely lose , watery.
They took blood test and urine test and diagnosed it as an UTI (urine infection) which they're treating with antibiotics.
They claim that her bowels could get affected from an urine infection

To me this doesn't seem a right diagnose but I'm no medical expert . I only know that one of my children who lost bowels without feeling it was, was super constipated to a point that everything in his stomach was as hard as a rock . He was treated with laxatives (movicol powder) for an extended time .

The reason I'm not so sure its an uti is because the girl had this issue a few times already. It usually went away undiagnosed, only to come back a short while later ...

Anyone with more experience here ?

dankbar

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:56 am
Check for c-diff infection

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:17 pm
Constipation is a possibility.
She needs a good doctor to really delve into what’s going on. I’m sorry that’s not so simple.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 1:36 pm
Is there a gastroenterologist she can see? They should check for all sorts of gasto/intestinal ailments and bugs. She should also see an allergist. Refuah Shelaima!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics