Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Wesley hills, Monsey

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 9:56 pm
What type of neighborhood is it? How in town up to date is it? How much do houses cost there? Where do boys/girls go to school there?
Whatever you can answer please do! Thank you

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 10:02 pm
It's an expensive part of Monsey. Houses and taxes are expensive. Many upper class families. The kids mostly go to Monsey schools, maybe some travel to NJ but that's goes for families living in all parts of Monsey. Families are a mix of MO, yeshivish, chassidish.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 10:27 pm
Mostly high ranches of around 2000 SF selling between 650K and 700K.
Very few houses on the market, and many competing bids when one goes up for sale.
Houses are usually on lots between 1/4 and 1/2 an acre, and mostly built between 1960-1970. Some have pools but are even more expensive.
Taxes are between 12K-15K annually, neighborhoods have plenty of yidden of all types, and there is a kosher supermarket in the area.
Houses usually need renovations before occupying.
Not sure where you belong but most Chassidishe schools and Cheder pick up from the area.
Google how far Hatzlacha supermarket is from Monsey Kosher supermarket to see how far out of Central Monsey it is.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 10:46 pm
Big mix, but essentially not the yeshivish or chassidish part of Monsey. Many wealthy families with large homes. Not much on the market right now. Most send to YSV- the mainstream school in Monsey.

OP- what kind of community are you looking for?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:27 pm
Hi thanks for your replies. I’m looking for Heimish affordable housing is the most important.

climb

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi thanks for your replies. I’m looking for Heimish affordable housing is the most important.

wesley is the most expensive neighborhood in monsey If I am not mistaking

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wesley isn't considered affordable housing. Maybe look into Airmont, Chestnut Ridge, or New City. Prices are slowly rising all over.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:46 pm
climb wrote:
wesley is the most expensive neighborhood in monsey If I am not mistaking

It is not the most expensive
Monsey and spring valley are way more expensive.
Airmont and Suffern may be cheaper but the taxes are double of what Wesley is so if you look at thing long term- it makes more sense to spend a bit more on a house than paying taxes through the roof.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I’m sorry Monsey has no more affordable housing!! Neither airmont or chestnut houses have multiple bids nowadays and see right away if a decent home.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:51 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
It is not the most expensive
Monsey and spring valley are way more expensive.
Airmont and Suffern may be cheaper but the taxes are double of what Wesley is so if you look at thing long term- it makes more sense to spend a bit more on a house than paying taxes through the roof.

Wesley is way more expensive than Monsey and Spring Valley. Wesley was always considered a rich expensive area. We looked into many houses in Wesley, most are $1 million+ and taxes are $40k-$50k.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 11:58 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Wesley is way more expensive than Monsey and Spring Valley. Wesley was always considered a rich expensive area. We looked into many houses in Wesley, most are $1 million+ and taxes are $40k-$50k.

That’s because you’re talking about huge fancy houses. If you would have these same houses in middle of monsey they would only be more expensive.
I have looked into both Wesley and Airmont recently.
The Wesley high ranches are in the 6-700k range with taxes ranging between 11-15k. Whereas the houses in Airmont and Suffern are less but the taxes are minimum 22k.
I’m not referring to mansions here.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:19 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
That’s because you’re talking about huge fancy houses. If you would have these same houses in middle of monsey they would only be more expensive.
I have looked into both Wesley and Airmont recently.
The Wesley high ranches are in the 6-700k range with taxes ranging between 11-15k. Whereas the houses in Airmont and Suffern are less but the taxes are minimum 22k.
I’m not referring to mansions here.

The Wesley high ranches are more in the Forshay area, not in real central Wesley. The houses are very old and most need lots of work and some lots are not that big.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 7:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wesley hills is not for you.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 8:58 am
Which part of Wesley hills are you looking into? The houses are a mess between colonials and high ranches mostly. It is also a mix between types of families, lots of black hat ysv type of families there. The only houses that have taxes are so high, must be really big fancy houses. That's not the norm. I grew up there.
There are lots of big fancy houses, since a lot of people built up their houses or rebuilt theirs.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:02 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Which part of Wesley hills are you looking into? The houses are a mess between colonials and high ranches mostly. It is also a mix between types of families, lots of black hat ysv type of families there. The only houses that have taxes are so high, must be really big fancy houses. That's not the norm. I grew up there.
There are lots of big fancy houses, since a lot of people built up their houses or rebuilt theirs.

Lots of things have changed in the past few years. The only houses that are affordable nowadays are those who are on the outskirts of any section.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating