Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Should I wake 4 month old?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 2:22 pm
My baby used to be a horrible sleeper. I’m the one who wanted someone to take him for the night when he was a newborn. Bh Bh in the last few weeks he started falling asleep on his own and this week even started sleeping through the night. Question is if I should be waking him up from his naps if it’s going too long, like 1 1/2-2 hours? And in the morning he usually wakes close to 6 and is up a bit and then sometimes sleeps till 8:30 or later. I don’t know if I shouldn’t let him sleep so much during the day?

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 2:51 pm
Some moms 'cap naps' to promote a consistent bedtime.

Personally, I hate to wake up my babies. I let them sleep as long as they want and I'm happy. It makes my job easier, haha.

By the way, at that age my daughter was taking a four hour nap every day. She is a particularly long sleeper, but 1.5-2 hours isn't crazy at all.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 2:53 pm
1 1/2 or 2 hours is not such a long nap for that age. I wouldn't wake after 2 hours.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 2:55 pm
Omg never ever. Baby is telling you she needs her sleep! Enjoy it!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 2:56 pm
Ok phew. Thought maybe there’s something wrong.

bwaybabe85

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:15 pm
Sleep begets sleep. Don’t wake up the baby!

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:17 pm
The only time I would wake them is if its getting close to bedtime and you don't want baby up until midnight. Otherwise long naps are great.

English3

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:48 pm
The more your child will sleep by day the better at night. Just don't let her sleep more than four hours by day so that she gets enough food.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:49 pm
So it is assur to wake someone up. Therefore, no I wouldn't wake up a baby who needs his sleep.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:50 pm
I do not let babies go more than 3 hours between feeding during the day. If they get a long stretch of sleep by day they won’t have it by night. Also, if they go to long without eating during the day they will end up with less feedings during the day abs be hungry and need to wake at night sleep.
If baby is tired and figured out how to fall Asleep he will fall asleep for another nap after he eats.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:34 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I do not let babies go more than 3 hours between feeding during the day. If they get a long stretch of sleep by day they won’t have it by night. Also, if they go to long without eating during the day they will end up with less feedings during the day abs be hungry and need to wake at night sleep.
If baby is tired and figured out how to fall Asleep he will fall asleep for another nap after he eats.

Not my experience. My four month old slept through the night and also took really long naps.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:38 pm
Long naps are often indicative of a growth spurt. As long as he is gaining nicely, leave him be.

Being a baby is exhausting! Sleep

Frumme

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:44 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Isn't that only for if they aren't gaining weight?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics