Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Poll for Baltimore people. Did you get the covid vaccine?
Previous  1  2

Baltimore People ONLY Please: Did you get/plan to get the covid vaccine?
Yes  
 66%  [ 26 ]
No  
 17%  [ 7 ]
Not sure yet  
 15%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 39

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:01 pm
I see Baltimore is now starting a huge campaign to get everyone vaccinated. They're sending surveys to every home and trying to get every rav on board to pressure people to take it. I hate this pressure idea. My kids are vaccinated for things that have been tried and true tested but this one makes me nervous. We had Covid and didn't get too sick so I'm not scared to get Covid again. I know, I know. It could be worse the second time but haven't heard that in real life. Just the more pressure I feel to Covid vax the more I don't want to vax. I want to feel like it's purely my decision, like I can read up about it one way or the other and come to my own decision without feeling forced. There was huge pressure here to mask up and honestly it rubbed me the wrong way. I think there would have been more compliance outside of shuls, schools and stores had people not felt so much pressure. And honestly if someone who is scared or it's dangerous for them to get Covid is vaccinated, and they trust the vaccination why do they care what I do?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:46 pm
Quote:
And honestly if someone who is scared or it's dangerous for them to get Covid is vaccinated, and they trust the vaccination why do they care what I do?

Because we don't live in a bubble. Klal yisroel takes care of each other.

I had covid, and a very mild case. I'm not worried about getting it again. But I am worried that I could transmit it to someone who might be the 5% who can get covid after vaccine or not be able to vaccinate for some odd reason. And what happens if they get covid bad and land up in the hospital or C"S die? I wouldn't want that on me.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 3:52 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Quote:

can you please update back if their symptoms go away after getting the vaccine. I never heard of that, that would be great if it helps! what affects are they still dealing with

They each had one, so I don't know if it's enough.

One has lingering fatigue. The other developed a circulation issues. His fingers (and a couple toes) are swollen and purple. We had a doctor look at it and nothing we can do at this time.

Oy! Hope they improve soon!
I'm the OP of the thread about long term covid affter effects and I keep hearing about young people, especially teens, with long term issues after (usually) mild cases of covid. My daughter hasn't been able to go to school since October the fatigue and dizziness is so bad Sad

And to those who were asking THAT'S why you vaccinate young people. Because it's not just about the risk of death you should be worried about but the risk of long term health damage. And people who have initial mild symptoms, especially teens and young people seem to be in a high risk category for that.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:05 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
There was huge pressure here to mask up and honestly it rubbed me the wrong way. I think there would have been more compliance outside of shuls, schools and stores had people not felt so much pressure.

I live in Baltimore. There was no “pressure” to wear masks. In Maryland, it is the LAW. You cant go into any school, shul, 7 mile, Target, Giant, 6 Flags, nothing, nothing without a mask. For us to send our kids to school and for the schools to be allowed to remain open, we must mask. Thats the LAW. I am thankful to live in a place where the vast majority still cares to follow laws.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:34 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
I live in Baltimore. There was no “pressure” to wear masks. In Maryland, it is the LAW. You cant go into any school, shul, 7 mile, Target, Giant, 6 Flags, nothing, nothing without a mask. For us to send our kids to school and for the schools to be allowed to remain open, we must mask. Thats the LAW. I am thankful to live in a place where the vast majority still cares to follow laws.

Exactly. The governor signed it into law almost a year ago, and he made it very clear the mask mandate isn't going away anytime soon. You aren't allowed in an public place or establishment without one. Children over 5 in schools are required to wear masks. Etc.
The mask mandate has nothing to do with the frum community in the slightest. Any pressure you felt is due to Shuls, schools, and stores not wanting to get shut down.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 7:41 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I see Baltimore is now starting a huge campaign to get everyone vaccinated. They're sending surveys to every home and trying to get every rav on board to pressure people to take it. I hate this pressure idea. My kids are vaccinated for things that have been tried and true tested but this one makes me nervous. We had Covid and didn't get too sick so I'm not scared to get Covid again. I know, I know. It could be worse the second time but haven't heard that in real life. Just the more pressure I feel to Covid vax the more I don't want to vax. I want to feel like it's purely my decision, like I can read up about it one way or the other and come to my own decision without feeling forced. There was huge pressure here to mask up and honestly it rubbed me the wrong way. I think there would have been more compliance outside of shuls, schools and stores had people not felt so much pressure. And honestly if someone who is scared or it's dangerous for them to get Covid is vaccinated, and they trust the vaccination why do they care what I do?

So take the survey and tell them all of this.
And I agree with what others say- it's a state law. No one wants to be closed down. If you are purposely are not following the rules just because people are telling you to follow them that's really immature.
No one is telling you you HAVE to get vaccinated (not yet at least).
I strongly disagree that there would have been more compliance if people had "not felt so much pressure". People would have just felt more comfortable in their choice not to follow the rules.

(For the record I'm not a major mask fanatic but I wear one everywhere I'm supposed to because I am a big rule follower and why get myself in trouble and why make a big deal out of such a stupid thing. Also it's a huge chilul hashen when we do not. Whether that's fair or not it's reality).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics