Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Need a shell like something for under white tee shirts

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 5:42 am
Not a regular sleeveless shell. It sticks out from under my tree and I really want to avoid that look.

A tank/cami won’t either work because they are too thin to do anything and the strap lines can show.

It’s needs to be
-white
- thick enough you can see a black bra through it
- low neckline that won’t stick out

Thanks!

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 6:09 am
Beige is better than white but I don't understand what you mean sticks out?

DrMom

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 7:10 am
SuperWify wrote:
Not a regular sleeveless shell. It sticks out from under my tree and I really want to avoid that look.

A tank/cami won’t either work because they are too thin to do anything and the strap lines can show.

It’s needs to be
-white
- thick enough you can see a black bra through it
- low neckline that won’t stick out

Thanks!

Can you try a beige/skintone bra? Then you won't need multiple super-opaque layers.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 7:19 am
I bought something that works great for me, but on its own, a black bra is visible when worn underneath. I wear it under a white top I have that's see-through, with a nude color bra. It has a low neckline which works great for under a blouse that has the top button open, without being visible. (But it's also low neckline in the back.)
If that works for you, I'll post.

zaq

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:21 am
Whyever would you wear a black bra under white? There is no such thing as a pale fabric thick enough to hide a black bra. You may think it's hidden when you look in a mirror, but it will show from a distance. The best and only color to wear under white clothing is something approximating your skin tone: black if you're very very dark skinned, as in African descent, and beige if you're light-skinned as in Caucasian.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:26 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Beige is better than white but I don't understand what you mean sticks out?

A shell sticks out from the tee shirt by the neckline. I want to avoid that look.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:28 am
zaq wrote:
Whyever would you wear a black bra under white? There is no such thing as a pale fabric thick enough to hide a black bra. You may think it's hidden when you look in a mirror, but it will show from a distance. The best and only color to wear under white clothing is something approximating your skin tone: black if you're very very dark skinned, as in African descent, and beige if you're light-skinned as in Caucasian.

Because I’m a very big size and the black bra is the best I can find for now. I’ll try to get a beige one but for now this is what it is.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:29 am
ra_mom wrote:
I bought something that works great for me, but on its own, a black bra is visible when worn underneath. I wear it under a white top I have that's see-through, with a nude color bra. It has a low neckline which works great for under a blouse that has the top button open, without being visible. (But it's also low neckline in the back.)
If that works for you, I'll post.

Actually when I wear a shell it’s not see through.

Can you please post? Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:41 am
SuperWify wrote:
Actually when I wear a shell it’s not see through.

Can you please post? Thanks!

It's a soft very thin modal. I shortened the sleeves.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....;th=1

Another option is to buy a thicker sleeveless lycra shell (if you need a dark bra) and have the dressmaker widen the neckline. I did what for a dress that needed sleeves, and I didn't want the shell to be visible at the neckline. I made the neck into a scoopneck.

ETA: This is not the same ultrathin material as the one I have, but it's the same company and has almost as much modal (it says it's mini ribbed, maybe that gives you more opaque-ness?). You can try it. It's scooped only in the front, not the back, and already has cap sleeves.
https://www.amazon.com/Liang-R.....psc=1

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 1:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Another option is to buy a thicker sleeveless lycra shell (if you need a dark bra) and have the dressmaker widen the neckline. I did what for a dress that needed sleeves, and I didn't want the shell to be visible at the neckline. I made the neck into a scoopneck.

ETA: This is not the same ultrathin material as the one I have, but it's the same company and has almost as much modal (it says it's mini ribbed, maybe that gives you more opaque-ness?). You can try it. It's scooped only in the front, not the back, and already has cap sleeves.

Do you have links for something like this in super soft cotton?
Need it to wear under a tshirt that is very uncomfortable, synthetic material.
Don't like the feel of regular shells they're so clingy and tight and sweaty.

And stick out by the neckline, like Superwify said.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 1:13 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Do you have links for something like this in super soft cotton?
Need it to wear under a tshirt that is very uncomfortable, synthetic material.
Don't like the feel of regular shells they're so clingy and tight and sweaty.

And stick out by the neckline, like Superwify said.

The cotton ones are thicker.

ETA: 95% cotton. Cottons generally will not be comfortable one on top of the other since they kind of stick/velcro to each other. This one appears to be more silky than most cottons, so maybe it will work.
https://www.amazon.com/MADYCO-.....;th=1

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 5:25 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Thanks! I ordered the first link. I’ll snip the sleeves off.

I actually cut the neckline off a regular modal shell but I don’t think of taking it to a seamstress. Genius.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 5:42 pm
Google search THICK STRAP CAMI
Get skin tone
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics