Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help plan trip in 2022 -- where?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 3:52 pm
Background -- my generous and non frum mother is planning a trip with my non frum siblings and family to the Galapagos in 2022. They inquired but couldn't arrange a trip that would include our frum family needs at the time the rest are available to go (peak season in December, the tour guides weren't willing to lose the time to pause on Shabbos, or arrange for kashering).

So, Mom feels a bit guilty, and wants me to plan for our family to travel with her anywhere we'd like for a week or two. If we go for a shorter time, we might be able to include married DD and family.

We'd probably aim for summer. It would be a group of 13 if DD family comes, 6 if not.

Mom has traveled extensively but isn't as energetic as she used to be. DH, SIL, and DS love camping and hiking and outdoors stuff. The kids ages range from 1-9, plus teens and young adults.

Israel is of course on the list. But since we've been there together fairly recently (just before Covid), we're looking at other ideas, too.

So far, brainstorming has come up with:

Tour US national parks
Italy (possible issues with lots of stairs for oldest and youngest)
Cruise (less fun for outdoors types)
Switzerland
Holland/Amsterdam
?

Can anyone offer ideas or opinions?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 5:44 pm
Right now, going further than the garden seems adventurous! Roll on post-covid! LOL

tichellady

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 5:54 pm
Alaska! I think a cruise is great for a family with many ages. Hawaii is wonderful, depending on how you feel about the beach and swimming etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics