Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What to look for in a high chair?
Previous  1  2

amother
White

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 9:17 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Are most people having babies over a 20’uear span that they need to keep one for that long?

In my community, yes. And also my mother's is now still being used for all grandchildren so it's very useful.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 10:22 am
Easy to clean and wheels, I'm really happy with Baby Throne high chair.
https://www.megababiesusa.com/.....chair

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 10:29 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Are most people having babies over a 20’uear span that they need to keep one for that long?

I think ppl keep for grandchildren at that point.

sky

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 10:30 am
Easy to clean
Compact

I ended up liking a booster seat on a chair better then a high chair. It’s compact. Travels. Can store easily between kids and pull out for guests. Dump in bathtub to wash. Transitions easily to table.
Once my original high hair broke I switched to using a booster seat for the rest of my kids.

professor

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 10:30 am
1) make sure it's easy to clean

2) make sure it's not too bulky if you need the space in your kitchen

3) make sure it's comfortable for the baby

4) make sure it is safe when tying the baby up to it because you'll be surprised how easily some babies jump out of high chairs when your back is turned.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 12:56 pm
I had a highchair (2 models for 3 children). It takes up a ton of room. Baby number 4 ONLY has a booster seat attached to a chair. Its great. No extra floor space taken up.

bsy

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 3:46 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Easy to clean and wheels, I'm really happy with Baby Throne high chair.
https://www.megababiesusa.com/.....chair

This is the one I was referring to; it's an imitation of the original prince castle that isnt around anymore.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 4:27 pm
Another vote for IKEA

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 5:33 pm
FYI, while great the ikea high chair legs are very wide, and don’t work in small spaces, very tripable.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 7:38 am
If you’re ok spending a bit more the stokke high chair or something like that are great.
I have one similar, I got it without the tray and just brought the high chair to the table. They can be adjusted and used for years.
It’s very stabilising for kids to have their feet on something, and the adjustable foot rest is great.
As my child grew we took off the straps and they just use it as a more comfortable chair at the table. They are 5 and it’s still going strong. It’s still now more comfortable than a regular chair because the seat is a bit higher and they have the footrest so their feet aren’t dangling.

I have had padded high chairs and booster to use on kitchen chairs, this is my favorite so far.

Teomima

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 12:52 pm
We got the basic Ikea one. Sturdy, easy to clean, easy to dismantle and store, easy to reassemble, removable tray, and cheap. Couldn't ask for anything more. Also, stackable, which is great if you have twins.

mig100

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:37 pm
mommy9 wrote:
A tray that pulls out so you don't have to remove it to take the baby out.

that sounds good- I would love that. can you send a link.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:49 pm
Easy to clean for sure. I hate high chairs with cushions you have to lift to find hidden food, or tiny cracks that food can fall into and then you can't get it back out (or at least I can't). I don't think my baby cares how luxurious her high chair seat is.

YB27

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:13 pm
Easy to clean and if for a baby definitely the recline feature is great help.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics