Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Girls high school
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 28  29  30  Next

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:32 pm
My dd said her teacher told them today that they pushed it off. Letters did not go out today and they don't know yet when they will. She said they're trying to place more girls before they give answers.

Did anyone else hear this?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:08 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Why is Mrs. Bernfeld school not opening?

If she lost her funding I understand

If the Vaad said not to open that does not make sense because it is not as if schools are fighting over students,and there is a shortage of students to send to a new school.

cuz the girls were applying to rebbetzin paretzky and she wasnt getting a student body. its not just about the schools, the girls are also all fighting to get into the same places

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:13 pm
Why would we get a letter that acceptances going out Monday and now we’re hearing they’re not going out yet. How can they do this to us and the girls??!

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why would we get a letter that acceptances going out Monday and now we’re hearing they’re not going out yet. How can they do this to us and the girls??!

Because the more time they take, the less girls get hurt. They prob shouldn’t send it out until everyone is in school.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I personally know someone who was told here DD did not get into any of the places she applied, for no reason other than numbers......and just this week, B"H, she has been placed. The girl does not even know about it - only her parents know.

Delaying the letters has protected this girl's self-esteem and feelings toward the high school she will I"YH attend. I'm sure there are others like her.

I hope they can work out placing all the girls before the letters go out. Why should anyone feel the pain of rejection at the age of 13-14?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 10:16 am
But they sent a letter that letters going out Monday. Why do that if they’re still placing girls????? Also some girls are getting accepted to 2 schools so as soon as they pick the school they want more slots will open. Let’s say 100 girls get accepted to 2 schools that’s 200 slots as soon as they pick the school they want 100 slots open for the girls that don’t have schools.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 12:13 pm
I might be mistaken but I think they’re trying to accept one girl per school. If a girl got into two, her parents might’ve had to give an answer before letters go out.
I hope this is what’s happening. No reason for an 8th grader to feel second choice so young.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 12:22 pm
My daughters principal said some girls can get into 2 or 3 schools and some not get into any school. She said the high schools don’t talk to each other. They each accept who they want. After the first round there will be slots for girls who didn’t get in.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 5:28 pm
Ok my daughter came home and said the rosh yeshivos said to wait to send letters until more girls are in so letters are going out next week. Apparently the vaad got lists of girls not in high school from the elementary schools and are working on getting more girls in. If this will cause less pain to girls then it makes sense to wait another week

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:01 pm
My daughters principal did not call or try to speak to me,Does that mean that my daughter is in some school in this town? Or it means nothing?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:03 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
My daughters principal did not call or try to speak to me,Does that mean that my daughter is in some school in this town? Or it means nothing?

cant assume. as a HS teacher in Lkwd, I would tell you it would be wise for you to be on top of it and check in. Dont let them hang on you. speak up

small bean

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:11 pm
My dd said the same.

I think elementary school principals should reach out to every family and let them know what they know about their daughters.

2mom2

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:45 pm
I heard today three schools agreed to open a new class so they're trying to place as many as they can before they mail first round.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 8:46 pm
2mom2 wrote:
I heard today three schools agreed to open a new class so they're trying to place as many as they can before they mail first round.

which schools???

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:23 pm
I just heard Oros is opening another class
Which other schools are??

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:42 pm
Some one said that Adderes had over 1,000 applicants so maybe they are opening up another class

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 12:57 am
I know that theyre not technically part of the Lakewood Vaad but does anybody know what the deal is with the klausenberg girls?

2mom2

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 11:28 am
What do you mean? Aren't the options ateres nechama or bais Leah? What else?

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 4:31 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I know that theyre not technically part of the Lakewood Vaad but does anybody know what the deal is with the klausenberg girls?

I thought they opened a school for Klausenberg 2 years ago. Was that a different Chassudis?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 7:13 pm
Did anyone get any letters today? I heard Bais kaila and meiras sent out answers so far. Did anyone receive from other schools yet?
Page 12 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries