Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
My 5 year old wakes up wet every morning please help

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 4:11 pm
hi

my daughter has been sleeping with a pullup for 2 years and a month ago I wanted to try without since she has been begging me. well besides for one night she wakes up wet every morning.
I never get upset I just shower her and throw everything in the washing machine. but its getting a bit much. I tried for the past week to take het to the bathroom before I go to bed but it doesnt help.
any tricks or should I just put her back in pullups?
thank you

English3

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 4:26 pm
No drinks before bed. I would take my child to the pediatrician at this age.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 4:29 pm
I wouldn't be too concerned. Most of my kids were bed wetters for a very long time and all outgrew it at around the same time as puberty. We tried lots of things and nothing worked so to make things easier for them and for me they always wore a pull-up. I really don't think it's a big deal. Obviously you can talk to your doctor and make sure but I know he had done a bunch of research and it was calm and if it's genetic to have it go away by the time of puberty.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 4:30 pm
There’s not much you can do at this age. Ten percent of 5 year olds are still wet at night. It’s just a matter of waiting a couple more years usually. If necessary go back to pull-ups and disposable bed mats.

Gut

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 5:00 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
There’s not much you can do at this age. Ten percent of 5 year olds are still wet at night. It’s just a matter of waiting a couple more years usually. If necessary go back to pull-ups and disposable bed mats.

This. My child stopped wetting with 6. From one day to the other...

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 5:06 pm
My 8 1/2 year old still wets the bed. Dr isn’t concerned (we took them to the urologist already and everything is physically ok bh).

You can try whatever you like but if they aren’t ready nothing will change.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 5:58 pm
My pediatrician told me its nothing to be alarmed over again and again when I brought it up...until my daughter turned 8 and I said enough is enough. I bought one of those bed wetting alarms that had lots of good reviews on amazon, and had her sleep near me the first week of using it. As soon as it sensed moisture, it rang, and IMMEDIATELY, I would shove her awake. After 1 week we saw serious improvement, after 2 weeks she stopped completely.

We were so impressed we decided to use it with my son as well, who was 5 at the time. Same results BH.

I really regret not using it with my daughter way sooner.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 6:18 pm
Magnesium, methyl b complex, high dose b1 and treating chronic strep did the trick over here.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 9:45 pm
I’m waiting till my 5 year old is ready.
Ask your Ped- but IMO makes sense to put her back in pull ups.

Zeleze

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:38 am
Before going to bed yourself, wake him up and "TAKE" him

As his half asleep still he might fall or do it on the floor, but I realised that it helps after a few weeks

dinglehopper

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:11 am
You can try taking her to the bathroom before you go to sleep. We used to wake up one kid at 11pm or so, carry him to the bathroom, he would go and that solved most of the issues.

It's a developmental/physical thing. Some just aren't ready at this age.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training