Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ramat Beit Shemesh Gimmel 1 or Gimmel 2
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 6:33 pm
Looking for some info from people currently living in RBS G1 or G2 to get some insight into the neighborhoods and differences and how distinct they are etc.. From what I have heard gimmel 1 is more of a mix similar to aleph and that Gimmel 2 was being marketed as anglo chareidi when it was under construction but that it turned out much more israeli and israeli chassidish. Looking to hear from people who live there now... Thanks!!

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:51 am
G2- is Israeli and pretty chassidish
G1- more of a mix- there are chabad, Sephardi, some DL, and a mix of chareidi- from yeshivish to more modern. It’s a very accepting neighborhood. There are some chassidish but mostly not
G1 is also prettier than G2- (not speaking about the construction in G2- G2 is built more crowded)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 6:52 am
Thanks!
Asking further, are any anglo pockets in G2 -even if predominantly israeli, israeli chassidish? We are looking at a place there that checks off all the important things that we are looking for and is in our budget so curious. I don't need a totally homogenous neighborhood but can't buy a place that's like RBS bet either...do the israeli chassidish there lean towards that way?

bornabalabuste

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 2:43 am
Bump

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 3:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!
Asking further, are any anglo pockets in G2 -even if predominantly israeli, israeli chassidish? We are looking at a place there that checks off all the important things that we are looking for and is in our budget so curious. I don't need a totally homogenous neighborhood but can't buy a place that's like RBS bet either...do the israeli chassidish there lean towards that way?

There are some Anglos but the vibe is very chassidish

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 3:41 am
Hi I live in G2 and I attended an english speaking nshei for women in G2 a few nights ago. About 60 women showed up - Nissim Black lives in G2. A huge mix between Modern Orthodox to British Chassidish english speakers showed up to the nshei.

If you want more of a mix of neighbors look into Shmuel and Natan Hanavi - that's more of a mix.

There's anglos all around but it's a minority.

On the main street in G2 (Devorah) whenever there are police there are children who yell "Nazis!" so there's a few extremists there just so you know.

They are almost finished with a massive new park in the heart of G2 and it's close to Park Yarmot if you live on Shmuel and Natan

bornabalabuste

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 3:52 am
Is it also a mix of Israelis in G2 or mostly chassidish Israeli?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 8:59 am
bornabalabuste wrote:
Is it also a mix of Israelis in G2 or mostly chassidish Israeli?

Also israelis.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 6:38 pm
Is there a good community of American Yeshivish types? if so, is there a shul with a Rav where they daven?
Is G2 friendly / "out of towny" vibe?

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:48 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Is there a good community of American Yeshivish types? if so, is there a shul with a Rav where they daven?
Is G2 friendly / "out of towny" vibe?

There's no American shul but there's a few minyan of mixed people of Israeli and Americans who are no chassidish.

It's pretty friendly I think. The chassidim like to stick to their own chassidut but anyone who is not chassidish is really welcoming. Chassidish people are nice but kinda keep their distance. They just prefer people from their own type. But they will be courteous neighbors.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 9:53 am
Is there an official Rav of the neighborhood?

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:02 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Is there an official Rav of the neighborhood?

No
It's way too large for that

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 7:13 am
Okay so chalk up another anglo for Gimmel 2 :-)

We are not moving in just yet and not sure how soon or if will continue to lease it couple years more before make aliyah... we will see....

From what I heard here and elsewhere sounds like nice neighborhood with although def more Israelis than anglos sounds like still enough of an anglo presence and close to enough to aleph for me. Bezras hashem when actually move there will see that to be the case and if doesn't work out will deal with at that time.

Hatzlocha to those of you still thinking about this.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 8:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We are not moving in just yet and not sure how soon or if will continue to lease it couple years more before make aliyah... we will see....

From what I heard here and elsewhere sounds like nice neighborhood with although def more Israelis than anglos sounds like still enough of an anglo presence and close to enough to aleph for me. Bezras hashem when actually move there will see that to be the case and if doesn't work out will deal with at that time.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 8:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Mazel tov! Meaning you bought there? Or are renting even though not planning to move in?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 9:00 am
Thanks!!

Buying (in middle of bezras hashem) buti in meantime will be leasing it out bc not ready to leave states yet

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 9:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!!

Buying (in middle of bezras hashem) buti in meantime will be leasing it out bc not ready to leave states yet

Awesome news. How did you buy it from afar? Also what will you do if the neighborhood doesn't end up working out? Did you go there for a pilot trip?

I'm trying to figure this out for ourselves. People have advised us to rent at first. But I've been renting for the past while since we got married and kind of just want to buy already!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 6:57 pm
There are a lot of real estate agents in Israel who will work with people who are not local and take videos and send tons of pictures...do WhatsApp video call walkthroughs and stuff like that. Obviously if you have close friends or family who could visit in person that's also helpful.

In terms of if the neighborhood doesn't ended up working out for us then I think when the time comes we would end up reselling and purchase elsewhere. Yes I know this definitely comes along with additional expense Like agent/lawyer fees etc....plus the effort involved .. that's why didn't just choose totally at random we have reason to think it will work but don't know for sure.

If you're anyways planning on being there in person soon then yeah renting so you can get better idea of the neighborhoods and location in person sounds like a better idea. Imagine that way more likely that the expenses and effort of purchasing will be more on target.

We knew we weren't ready to go yet but had window where we had opportunity to buy now so for us it made sense but do not see this as necessarily being good recommendation for all...

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:37 am
Does gimmel 2 have any chabad presence?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 3:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!!

Omg how many bedrooms? Can we rent from you?? We’ve been looking to rent and there’s nothing available in G2. Everything is snatched the minute it’s put out to the market.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions