Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Pacifiers

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:13 am
Only one of my kids ever took a pacifier and that was after considerable effort. I usually end up becoming my kids pacifier. I would really like to avoid that this time. Baby is bh 2 weeks old, I've been trying since the hospital. Baby is nursing well and gaining but I see just plain sucking is important.
I'm amazed when I see a screaming infant whose mother stuffs the pacifier in and baby calms down.
Any tips for me to reach that point too?

Also, just curious from what age the pacifier actually calms your baby down?

Thanks!

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:18 am
We never tried a pacifier. But pretty much from the start, I can calm my newborns with a finger or knuckle. I know...not always practical. But it has worked wonders when sitting next to them in the car.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:21 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
We never tried a pacifier. But pretty much from the start, I can calm my newborns with a finger or knuckle. I know...not always practical. But it has worked wonders when sitting next to them in the car.

I also used to do that. But with covid and becoming so much more aware of germs and washing hands etc, I'm too nervous to just stick my finger in without washing it.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:34 am
I take along a pacifier to the hospital and give it to the baby in the hospital. I keep trying different one's till the baby finds one they like. One of my babies didn't take till 6 weeks till someone gave her a type I haven't tried before. She loved it from the minute she took it into her mouth. It was the hospital style pacifier.

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 11:44 am
Every baby is different, my son liked it and sucked away like he was getting food out of from 2 days old.
You really need to push it and keep on trying until they get used to it, trust me it is so so worth it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics