Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Funny question about everyone wearing black tights-Lakewood
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 9:59 am
I moved to Lakewood recently and noticed that so many ladies (majority) are still wearing black tights. When do they change to nude color? In June??
If you are wearing black tights now would you also wear if you were going to a simcha? I have a bar mitzvah at night and I love wearing black tights- is that what people will wear? I’m fine wearing nude ... kind of just want to fit in.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:01 am
Black is more comfortable and nude rips more often so more money.
I try to wear black as long as possible.
Most of my neighbors feel the same.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:01 am
Between Pesach and shavuos either black or nude. So ppl should be wearing both.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:03 am
Once Lag Ba'omer hits, people switch over to nude.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:05 am
Wearing black because it’s more comfortable. Will probably switch over soon. For a simcha now I’d wear nude.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:13 am
It's still cold this year so people are still wearing black.
Probably will switch after Lag Baomer.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:13 am
Wearing black until latest possible and put back on earliest possible. It's more comfortable, less itchy and doesn't tear so fast.
Same for my sisters.
But you do whatever you feel like and your neighbors will copy you.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:23 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Wearing black until latest possible and put back on earliest possible. It's more comfortable, less itchy and doesn't tear so fast.
Same for my sisters.
But you do whatever you feel like and your neighbors will copy you.

Even if you had a simcha tonight?

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:28 am
I'm wearing nude today. I base it on the weather.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Even if you had a simcha tonight?

Simcha now it can go either way. Today was hot so I’d do nude.
Last week was chilly so I felt black was still ok. Many ppl were in black. But was a mix

The younger crowd wears nude earlier - like single girls. Maybe bec they aren’t paying for it. 😄

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:43 am
stillnewlywed wrote:
I'm wearing nude today. I base it on the weather.

And I’m (not I. Lakewood; I’m in NYC) wearing black tights today because it was rainy and gross this morning. It’s still only 62 here which is not that warm IMO. Wore nude stockings yesterday tho!

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 11:51 am
OOC

Why isnt this thread in fashion

I thought it was a tznius thing

A few women in my neighborhood only wear black all year round because they want to be the "the real thing "

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 11:54 am
I have a few yeshivish neighbors who moved from Lakewood to my area and they all wear opaque black tights all year round.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 12:03 pm
Every year I feel like we all wear tights a little later than the year before. Most people like it better so we try to get away with it as long as possible.

People are very slowly starting to switch over. I'm sure after Shavuos you will only see stockings.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 12:21 pm
I guess tights to me are super comfortable. Stockings are not.
In the winter I walk around all day in tights. Not afraid of ripping them. No shoes. And comfy.
Today I’m wearing nothing in house with maxi skirt. It’s the weather for nude. But I don’t want to wear shoes in house. Not in the mood to put on when I have to run out. I know the will rip and another $6 in the garbage. I hate stocking weather. It’s one of the reasons I mainly wear maxi skirts in the summer.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 12:30 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
OOC

Why isnt this thread in fashion

I thought it was a tznius thing

A few women in my neighborhood only wear black all year round because they want to be the "the real thing "

It's not a tznius thing for most yeshivish/jpf tight-wearing women. We consider black tights and nude tights equally tznius. There's nothing wrong with nude, nothing wrong with black.

However, it is a real fashion concern. And in Lakewood, they have their own "ways", so she's asking regarding her own community.

I live in L.A. My friend was coming to visit in January and she asked me if people in LA wear black in the winter because it's warmer (60s). It was a legitimate fashion concern as she didn't want to stand out.

(BTW, the answer is yes, people in LA do wear black tights in the winter. My right-wing chevra loves "black tights weather" and we wish we could wear black tights longer, but alas. It's too hot from Pesach through Sukkos. However, people wear nude all year here too. It's not weird to see nude in the winter.)

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 12:46 pm
I base it on the weather. I was mainly wearing black until now. Yesterday was hot so I wore nude.

I think whatever you wear this time of year is fine.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 12:58 pm
Opaque nude don’t rip
That’s what I wear ALL year
And I live in S. Fl
Yes even in the summer
Not that much hotter
And they don’t rip easily

Simple1

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 12:59 pm
As others said, some people like to push it off as much as possible because black stockings are more comfortable, durable, and convenient. And they look better if you don't have perfect legs.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 1:04 pm
It's terrible and a disgrace in the name of fashion when people wear black tights after Pesach. I'm horrified each day anew to see people wearing sweaters while I'm in teachers. These people are unfortunately very misguided. There's not much to do about it.
(and then they turn around and wear nude to simchos. Absolute hypocrisy, I'm telling you.)
Meow
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries