Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Frozen Turkey

DVOM

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:40 am
I've got a big fat frozen turkey I've been eyeing wearily every time I open the freezer. Freezer space is at a premium right now as I'm cooking for my son's bar mitzva, and that turkey is HUGE! Time to cook this baby!

I have never cooked a turkey before. My dad has horror stories of his mom, my grandma's, dry-as-a-piece-of-cardboard turkey dinners. My mom, thoughtfully not wanting him to have to relive the trauma, never made turkey. I have no idea how to cook a turkey.

I'm willing to patchka. I'm willing to baby it. Intergenerational trauma is no laughing matter; a lot of healing rides on the results of this turkey (Sorry guys, I'm exhausted and in a weird mood. The melodrama is coming out!). I want it to come out scrumptious!

Turkey loving mamas, please post your very best recipe and very detailed instructions for this turkey novice!

Thanks very much!

shanie5

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 3:17 pm
Here's how I make Turkey:
First, buy a pop up Turkey timer. (Google it, it's a white stick with a red center. You put it into the meatiest/thickest part of the breast.)

https://www.amazon.com/Chef-Cr.....psc=1

Season liberally with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
Put Turkey timer into Turkey.
Bake turkey uncovered. They say 20 minutes per pound unstffed, 30 minutes stuffed. (I usually find it takes less time than that).

After about 2.5-3 hours, check Turkey timer. When the red center piece pops up, turkey is perfectly done.
Check about every 20 minutes until its popped out.
You can leave the turkey on the counter. covered in foil, until ready to eat. It will stay hot/warm for a couple hours.

If you just want to give it away, my husband will drive just about anywhere to get it 😁
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey