Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Middle age skin, how many times daily do you wash your face?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 1:54 pm
I used to wash my face once a day, every night, when in the shower.

Thats because I didnt put on any overnight moisturizer.

Doctors say to wash, shower/bathe as little as possible so that you dont sry out your skin unnecessarily.

When using an overnight moisturizer, do I now have to wash my face in the morning before I apply makeup, or can I apply makeup on an unwashed face?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 2:03 pm
Twice a day. Finished with moisturizer each time.
At night after shower.
In the morning after brushing my teeth and before applying makeup to freshly moisturized face.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 2:07 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Twice a day. Finished with moisturizer each time.
At night after shower.
In the morning after brushing my teeth and before applying makeup to freshly moisturized face.

You are me!

43 this is what I do

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 2:52 pm
I have aging skin - used to be oily but now it is "normal"

I wash twice a day and have a skin regime -

I wash my face - sometimes with an exfoliating type of cleanser and sometimes with just a regular cleanser

I use a serum and alternate between those which have AHA or BHA which help skin renewal and those which are moisturizing

I then use a moisturizer - my moisturizer for day is lighter and at night I use what are called "leave on masks" which are just more heavy duty moisturizers

I use eye cream

If I want to relax I will use a sheet mask - don't know if they do anything extra but that make me relax for 20 minutes

I will also use some kind of mask about twice a week alternating between types of masks. I generally do this before I take a shower so that I just wash the mask off when I am in the shower

nicole81

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:14 pm
I've always washed twice a day. And moisturize twice a day. And oil up too sometimes. Plus a bunch of other things that vary based on the condition of my skin. As my skin has gone through changes and gotten drier as I've aged, I have also adjusted the type of products and brands that I use. Bh I've found my skin's happy place for this point. But it's been a lot of trial and error the past few months.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:22 pm
I'm closer to being a senior than to being middle aged, but inside my head I'm 35. I wash twice daily: with soap during my a.m. shower and with plain water before bed unless I'm wearing waterproof makeup, which happens about twice a year.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:25 pm
Wash in the shower in the evening.
Use facial wipes to make my face feel clean and fresh in the mornings.
Use moisturiser when my skin feels dry. Depending on the weather conditions that can be daily or once a month.
I've never worn make up, so I can't say anything about that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics