Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Shuls near bmg

teachermom1207

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:39 am
We are in Lakewood for shabbos. First time here for my husband. He's looking for a shul with nice uplifting shabbos davening. Wasn't sure what the matzav is in the yeshiva on shabbos. Any recs?

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:42 am
There are minyanim in yeshiva, but no singing if that is what he is looking for. Slow yeshivish davening, my husband likes it.

Tons of shuls in the area-Rabbi Forscheimer on 5th st, Chosen Mishpat on 6th, Yukes on 5th, Satmar on 4th and Forest, Strulowitz on 8th.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:43 am
If he’s never been to yeshiva maybe he would like to go

Forscheimer and yukes are probably similar to what he’s used to

Chayalle

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:45 am
The BMG area is pretty Litvishe, not sure what you mean by uplifting.

Rabbi Forscheimer's shul on 5th street, between Forest and Madison, is a very nice minyan.

There's a big Satmar shul on Forest Avenue, I'm thinking it's at around 4th street.

Chevrah Lomdei Torah (Weinstein's) is on 5th street, between Forest and Lakewood Avenue, closer to Village Path. I think it's a more Litvish minyan.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:46 am
Going to a larger Yeshiva building and shaking R’Y hand is inspiring.
But Yeshiva davening is slow. Almost no singing. It depends what you are used to.

No carona rules if that is the question.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:49 am
Chayalle wrote:
The BMG area is pretty Litvishe, not sure what you mean by uplifting.

Rabbi Forscheimer's shul on 5th street, between Forest and Madison, is a very nice minyan.

There's a big Satmar shul on Forest Avenue, I'm thinking it's at around 4th street.

Chevrah Lomdei Torah (Weinstein's) is on 5th street, between Forest and Lakewood Avenue, closer to Village Path. I think it's a more Litvish minyan.

Satmar is on forest ave between 4th and 5th. The main shabbos minyan is very satmar (during the week they have a minyan factory and all types daven there)

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:50 am
If you like a very good Chazan with singing and a interesting drosha followed by Kiddush
There is Sons of Israel , 6thand Mad

teachermom1207

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:53 am
Thanks this is all very helpful. Any place that wears masks / any place my mo brother in law would feel comfortable?

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:54 am
Sons of Israel, yes. You won't feel like a fish out of water if you're not a local.

keym

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:58 am
teachermom1207 wrote:
Thanks this is all very helpful. Any place that wears masks / any place my mo brother in law would feel comfortable?

I'm not sure if any shuls enforce masks much. There used to be handfuls of "Corona minyanim", but by now, all those who were nervous or concerned are fully vaccinated.
However, you will see pockets of people wearing masks.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:59 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Sons of Israel, yes. You won't feel like a fish out of water if you're not a local.

Yes definitely sons of Israel if you’re worried about masks. I don’t think they enforce masking but he will have where to sit and won’t feel out of place for wearing one.

And mo dress won’t look out of place there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries