Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A big bruise appeared after falling 3 wks later.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 9:05 am
My toddler fell on the cement steps leading to our house. He hit the side of his forehead above the eye We took him to the dr to check it out and he said all was fine. But he complained of pain for about a wk. we didn’t notice any Bump or anything unusual.

Yesterday after 3 wks I noticed a yellow/ green bump on the area he fell. I will go check it out again today. Does anyone know what this might mean.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 9:22 am
He needs a scan. That’s scary.

newyorkmom

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 9:23 am
Doesn’t that mean the bruise is healing ?

oneofakind

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 9:25 am
It means the bruising is healing- you just weren't able to see it before.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 9:53 am
I can't fathom why you didn't notice the bruise before, but when it's green and yellow, it's healing. The red hemoglobin in the blood that leaked breaks down and leaves behind green biliverdin, which further disintegrates into yellowish/brownish bilirubin, the pigment that makes jaundiced people look yellow.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 9:57 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I can't fathom why you didn't notice the bruise before, but when it's green and yellow, it's healing. The red hemoglobin in the blood that leaked breaks down and leaves behind green biliverdin, which further disintegrates into yellowish/brownish bilirubin, the pigment that makes jaundiced people look yellow.

Bc it just appeared from one day to the next. I got really frightened bc it’s was def not their 2 days ago.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:41 am
If it's high on the forehead it's possible it was hidden in the hairline and you didn't notice.
The yellow is not always exactly at the site of the bump. (It kind of travel on the face...)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:49 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
If it's high on the forehead it's possible it was hidden in the hairline and you didn't notice.
The yellow is not always exactly at the site of the bump. (It kind of travel on the face...)
[b]

It’s just above the eye on the forehead right under his hairline. It’s exactly where the bump was
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics