Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Anyone willing to share their netflix login?
1  2  Next

sequoia

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 1:43 am
Please PM me if so.

Thanks.

sequoia

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 4:47 am
Bump

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:19 am
I wish I could help. Netflix is really cracking down on sharing, and is tracking IP addresses.

Right now you can have a single viewer membership, and if you want to allow multiple access you have to pay a higher rate.

You might have better luck trying to find a free streaming platform like Putlocker, 9movies, or Uwatchfree. They upload all the new Netflix stuff anyway, as well as having a lot more content, classics, foreign movies, etc.

It's worth a membership to Putlocker just for the nonstop access to Master Chef, IMHO. It's the same price as Netflix, anyway.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:27 am
If you want to watch something specific sign up for free trial

Also it’s like $10 a month. You can just buy 1 month of viewing and cancel subscription.

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:38 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:

Also it’s like $10 a month. You can just buy 1 month of viewing and cancel subscription.

As far as I know there is no option for a free trial anymore

sequoia

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:44 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:

I’ve been on my friend’s login for years, but it’s not working anymore. She says she didn’t change the PW, so maybe it is indeed cracking down on IP addresses, which is ridiculous because people travel.

sequoia

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:49 am
It’s not giving me an error message like wrong email or wrong password.

It’s just not letting me sign in.

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:05 am
What does that mean, they’re checking the ip address? I have the biggest plan and my kids who don’t live at home use it too.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:08 am
yo'ma wrote:
What does that mean, they’re checking the ip address? I have the biggest plan and my kids who don’t live at home use it too.

If you have the biggest plan, then you can share over a lot of devices. If you have the basic, single plan, you cannot.

I read about it in the news a few months ago, that they were going to try to cut back sharing and encourage people to upgrade.

Sequoia, if you can find someone with a family plan, you might be able to log in that way.

sequoia

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:15 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
If you have the biggest plan, then you can share over a lot of devices. If you have the basic, single plan, you cannot.

I read about it in the news a few months ago, that they were going to try to cut back sharing and encourage people to upgrade.

Sequoia, if you can find someone with a family plan, you might be able to log in that way.

They have that! There’s four different people using the same login. I think it’s the maximum one, three screens.

So why is it not letting me sign in?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:18 am
sequoia wrote:
They have that! There’s four different people using the same login. I think it’s the maximum one, three screens.

Are they all on at the same time? Teens watching different things in different rooms? That's the only reason I can think of.

Maybe try logging in when you know everyone else will be asleep. Make sure that they manually log out first.

If it's a matter of you being in a different country, maybe your friend could contact customer service and get you authorized.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:20 am
sequoia wrote:

Have you tried using a VPN?

Frumme

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:24 am
sequoia wrote:

IIRC, you live in Ukraine, correct?

Pirating and password stealing is unfortunately very common in Russia/Ukraine for this sort of thing... It's possible that Netflix is cracking down on accounts that are flagged as having a random European IP address.

Have you tried logging in via VPN?

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 7:46 am
sequoia wrote:
Please PM me if so.

Thanks.

Netflix is overrated. I am finding apps like Peacock and Tubi (and even Pluto Tv) to be better with more shows especially older shows that I love to watch. Check to see what kind of free apps you have in your country before paying any money for anything (and yes, netflix is cracking down on password sharing so may as well try all the free apps anyway).

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 9:20 am
How much does a Netflix subscription cost?
Depending on cost, I'd be happy to gift you a subscription.
I don't have Netflix, so can't share login info. If I had Netflix, I'd share my login info with you.

Edited to add:
I googled it, in the USA a basic plan is 9 dollars a month.
I'm happy to gift it to you, though don't want to out myself.

If you are willing to accept this gift, let's figure out how to make it happen.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 9:44 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
How much does a Netflix subscription cost?
Depending on cost, I'd be happy to gift you a subscription.
I don't have Netflix, so can't share login info. If I had Netflix, I'd share my login info with you.

Edited to add:
I googled it, in the USA a basic plan is 9 dollars a month.
I'm happy to gift it to you, though don't want to out myself.

If you are willing to accept this gift, let's figure out how to make it happen.

As far as I understand she wants a continuous subscription, not just one month. That is really sweet of you though.
Op does your friend live in the same country as you? If so it doesn’t work. Also she might have decided she doesn’t want to pay anymore but is embarrassed to tell you. Or she gave her login to too many people.

sequoia

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 9:47 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
As far as I understand she wants a continuous subscription, not just one month. That is really sweet of you though.
Op does your friend live in the same country as you? If so it doesn’t work. Also she might have decided she doesn’t want to pay anymore but is embarrassed to tell you. Or she gave her login to too many people.

She’s in the US, I’m in Ukraine.

I don’t think so. If she changed the password, it would give me an error message, like incorrect password. Or email doesn’t exist.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 9:47 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
As far as I understand she wants a continuous subscription, not just one month. .

my offer is for a one-year subscription to OP.
Feel free to share an email address and I'll email you.
If you are comfortable with this arrangement.
I'm open to other suggestions.

Edited to add: I just realized I could subscribe and share the login info. However, my concern is that if I have a subscription I'd be tempted to log in and watch. And I really don't have the time for that. So I prefer that you subscribe and I send you the $ via venmo or paypal or cashapp

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:26 pm
ive never used this before but I once came across netflix sharing passwords on telegram.

sequoia

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 1:10 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
my offer is for a one-year subscription to OP.
Feel free to share an email address and I'll email you.
If you are comfortable with this arrangement.
I'm open to other suggestions.

Edited to add: I just realized I could subscribe and share the login info. However, my concern is that if I have a subscription I'd be tempted to log in and watch. And I really don't have the time for that. So I prefer that you subscribe and I send you the $ via venmo or paypal or cashapp

That’s sweet.

Let me see tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics