Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Need current recommendation weight loss program?
Previous  1  2

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:41 pm
toysrus wrote:
Just curious, what surgery did u do? how much did u lose and over how long?
Dont mean to hijack your thread op

Lap band 10 years ago
Lost 100 pounds and kept it off and doing great

amother
White

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 1:14 pm
[quote="amother [ Ecru ]"]That is so admirable!!! I am super proud of you!!
Are you also exercising the whole time?

I'm on a diff diet but I would love a partner as a support group, would you be open to that?[/quote
Yes, I would
Honestly, I'm not exercising yet... Thinking that I should start

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 1:42 pm
[quote="amother [ White ]"]
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
That is so admirable!!! I am super proud of you!!
Are you also exercising the whole time?

I'm on a diff diet but I would love a partner as a support group, would you be open to that?[/quote
Yes, I would
Honestly, I'm not exercising yet... Thinking that I should start

Great! You can email me anon at
let me know when you see this email address, since I'll delete it then. Thanks.

amother
White

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Great! You can email me anon at
let me know when you see this email address, since I'll delete it then. Thanks.

Got it!

amother
Beige

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 3:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OA
Weight Watchers
etc.
Located in US.
Are there any reliable frum versions?
NOT located in Brooklyn.

Kind of desperate. Need to lose probably 80 pounds. I did it in the past but it was through a lot of dietary restraint and significant exercise. I am not able to do it now without help.

A nutritionist on my insurance gave me a meal plan but I found it a bit too restrictive plus there were so many non kosher items in the meal plan and I find it very annoying and a guessing game to have to make so many substitutions.

I’ve pretty much tried them all and lost some weight on each but always regained. The ONLY one I was and am successful on BH is high protein-low carb! It takes away hunger and cravings and I’ve lost over 50 lbs BH and look like a different person! I eat as much proteins, healthy fats (olive oil, avocado, etc) and salad, low carb veggies, etc. No bread, pasta, rice which is what turns to sugar and in turn causes cravings for more. Try it, you look be thrilled. I also added doing an exercise bike for 1/2 hour a day and the weight fell off. Good luck.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 4:36 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I’ve pretty much tried them all and lost some weight on each but always regained. The ONLY one I was and am successful on BH is high protein-low carb! It takes away hunger and cravings and I’ve lost over 50 lbs BH and look like a different person! I eat as much proteins, healthy fats (olive oil, avocado, etc) and salad, low carb veggies, etc. No bread, pasta, rice which is what turns to sugar and in turn causes cravings for more. Try it, you look be thrilled. I also added doing an exercise bike for 1/2 hour a day and the weight fell off. Good luck.

I think this is the way I need to go, but it's hard to make it work.
Can you please give examples of what your daily food looks like? Do you prepare separate meals for yourself and family? What do you do if you don't have time to prepare your own food?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:23 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I think this is the way I need to go, but it's hard to make it work.
Can you please give examples of what your daily food looks like? Do you prepare separate meals for yourself and family? What do you do if you don't have time to prepare your own food?

You can have basically a lot of the same proteins you cook for your family, I just have veggie sides instead of their starchy ones. I always have lots of different salad veggies in the house, so my breakfast/lunch (I’m usually not hungry between meals so I’ll just have the 2 meals a day but you can have more) is usually a huge salad with avocado and a bunch of veggies, salad dressing (you have to use full fat, not low fat) or Mayo or olive oil, etc. and either tuna with Mayo, baked salmon, omelette (you can have cheese)... Dinner is usually any kind of protein (hamburgers, chicken, roast, cold cuts, hot dogs, etc.) and hot veggies or a kugel made with broccoli or cauliflower or zucchini, onions , eggs, spices... lots of ideas.

You must drink lots of water with this diet. After a few days your body goes into ketosis and you’ll notice the hunger and cravings vanish. I actually forgot to eat my next meal certain days! It’s like a miracle and it’s the only one where you won’t have cravings or hunger. Any carbs, even the brown/whole wheat ones, will make you hungry.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:45 pm
I didn’t read this whole thread but I’m basically paying someone 20$ a month and I send her every day what I eat. She comments and will give nutrition advice. She also sends a workout once a week. I lost 7 lb in 3 weeks so far. It’s slow but I’m basically eating normally just being held accountable so I don’t over indulge.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 7:45 pm
[quote="amother [ Beige ]"]You can have basically a lot of the same proteins you cook for your family, I just have veggie sides instead of their starchy ones. I always have lots of different salad veggies in the house, so my breakfast/lunch (I’m usually not hungry between meals so I’ll just have the 2 meals a day but you can have more) is usually a huge salad with avocado and a bunch of veggies, salad dressing (you have to use full fat, not low fat) or Mayo or olive oil, etc. and either tuna with Mayo, baked salmon, omelette (you can have cheese)... Dinner is usually any kind of protein (hamburgers, chicken, roast, cold cuts, hot dogs, etc.) and hot veggies or a kugel made with broccoli or cauliflower or zucchini, onions , eggs, spices... lots of ideas.

You must drink lots of water with this diet. After a few days your body goes into ketosis and you’ll notice the hunger and cravings vanish. I actually forgot to eat my next meal certain days! It’s like a miracle and it’s the only one where you won’t have cravings or hunger. Any carbs, even the brown/whole wheat ones, will make you hungry.[/quot

The cravings never vanished for me.

I wish

I just ended up with headaches and nausea.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise