Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Did Basic Colors close or move?!

seeker

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:42 pm
Was planning to stock up on shells and stuff but the store is closed with a big "for rent" sign :-( Please tell me it's just a move... and if so where to? And if not, what's my next best for affordable shells and swim dress? Bleargh why do good things need to end :'(

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:44 pm
seeker wrote:
Was planning to stock up on shells and stuff but the store is closed with a big "for rent" sign :-( Please tell me it's just a move... and if so where to? And if not, what's my next best for affordable shells and swim dress? Bleargh why do good things need to end :'(

Which location are you referring to?

seeker

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:46 pm
Is there more than one? I was on Coney Island Avenue between j and k

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:47 pm
I'm not sure they made it through Covid. You can check their website to see if they're still taking online orders of stock.
This is the next best in terms of price.
https://www.amazon.com/Esteez-.....r=8-3

Mothers

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:50 pm
I think they moved across the street. (Other side of Coney)

subee

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:51 pm
I was just there last week, It was a new location but still same block I think, same block as kiddichic

Mevater

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:52 pm
New location, on other side of Coney. Theyre definitely open, I was there.

Last edited by Mevater on Sun, May 02 2021, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:53 pm
Mothers wrote:
I think they moved across the street. (Other side of Coney)

This is correct.
Google says permanently closed, but I called and they said they're at 1373 Coney Island open every day from 11 - 6.

seeker

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 1:54 pm
YAY thank you so much, y'all made my day and I'm happy for them that they didn't go out of business

runninglate

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 2:04 pm
Is there a Boro park location?

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 2:14 pm
runninglate wrote:
Is there a Boro park location?

No, I do not believe so. They used to bring a pop up store for the spring/summer season, but not the past 2 years.

bumpkin2

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 2:53 pm
They have a sign in their window that says they moved across the street. If you look, it’s literally parallel to the old location Smile

seeker

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:15 pm
If the original store had a sign, it wasn't a very prominent one - I did not see it while driving by slowly. B"H thanks to imamother, I found the new location across the street. Nicer store does come with some price inflation but I was so happy to see a local frum business still alive, and their shells are still the best quality-to-price ratio all in one place (I've seen something better here or there but there is nothing like being able to get EVERYTHING you need in one store! And the necks are great.) The swim dresses took quite a price jump since the last time I was there, but again, once I was getting everything in one place I was just like "take all my money please!"

AND HERE IS THE BEST PART! I posted a little while back looking for short sleeved cotton shells, as the last few times I was at Basic Colors they said they no longer make nor plan to make short sleeved shells. I was prepared to just buy long sleeves and chop off most of the sleeves. But they had short sleeved soft wonderful cotton shells!!! I wish they were longer at the waist but I am desperate enough for new shells that I bought just about everything they had in my size. My credit card probably thinks it was stolen but hopefully I won't need to do Brooklyn again for a loooong time... even the swim dress, they didn't have the exact size so I got a bigger one and it should fit DD for a long time...

The other best part is that while I was regrouping trying to figure out what I was going to do without Basic Colors, I had a nice lunch and a walk around Flatbush, which I haven't done in a really long time, and it was just nice to see such a diversity of frum families and businesses doing life.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:22 pm
Last week I saw one of the basic colors owners emptying and loading a van on Ave j off nostrand avenue. I don't know if they are opening another branch there or if it's just a storage location.
Anyone know anything about it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries