Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Funny question about everyone wearing black tights-Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 6:23 am
Debbie wrote:
In the UK they are sometimes referred to as 'skin colour' but that's not so accurate because there are different shades of skin.
I don't think I've ever had to ask a male assistant to show me any tights!

Back in the day, about 20 years ago, because everything got unbearably intense , one of the owners of
Hos plus worked there, and had an expertise . He could ..look at your outfit and choose the right shade and color for you..

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 6:24 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Some of the older crowd doesn’t know the rules. Laugh

Nah we know!
We just don’t care

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:00 am
It's fine to wear nude tights with black shoes. My summer Shabbos shoes are black. I like black shoes. That is fine.
What isn't fine is people wearing black tights after Pesach. It disturbs me.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:23 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Sure. I realize there's a difference between that and beige.
Imagine if you had to ask a male clerk for nude tights. Would that be at all uncomfortable? What if it had a different name? Naked tights?

My high school principal agreed with you. She told us nude is an obscene word that we shouldn't be using in casual conversation, and it should be called stockings/summer tights instead.

I hear the idea. But try getting everyone to change.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
My high school principal agreed with you. She told us nude is an obscene word that we shouldn't be using in casual conversation, and it should be called stockings/summer tights instead.

Someone told me a funny story it was in the spring and she told her father she was wearing nude to a party. He looked at her and was like, what-what?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 1:55 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
It's fine to wear nude tights with black shoes. My summer Shabbos shoes are black. I like black shoes. That is fine.
What isn't fine is people wearing black tights after Pesach. It disturbs me.

I'm in the sometime around Lag Ba'Omer camp. To me it would be funny for me to wear a linen skirt and nude stockings with a jacket on top because it's cold out. So I wait until I'm fully ready to switch wardrobes.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 2:02 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:

I call it stockings
same- hs principal taught... wonder what school

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 7:41 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Back in the day, about 20 years ago, because everything got unbearably intense , one of the owners of
Hos plus worked there, and had an expertise . He could ..look at your outfit and choose the right shade and color for you..

Hos? There's a store named Hos? Are they not aware that "Hos" is gutter speech for wh**es (rhymes with "stores" ) and is used in certain circles as a derogatory term for all women? And frum women are stupid enough to patronize this store?

Notsobusy

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 7:45 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Hos? There's a store named Hos? Are they not aware that "Hos" is gutter speech for wh**es (rhymes with "stores" ) and is used in certain circles as a derogatory term for all women? And frum women are stupid enough to patronize this store?

LOL The name of the store is Hosiery Plus, I guess she didn't want to type out the whole thing. I've never seen it referred to as Hos Plus before. Nothing to get excited about, it's all good.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 4:49 pm
I happen to still be wearing black, and I work in a pretty RW environment where most ppl didn’t switch yet. DH is dropping these comments and being pretty annoying about how it’s boiling and why I am still wearing black etc. He seems to have some type of personal preference for nude.. Is this normal for him to voice opinions about my personal hosiery choices?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:58 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I happen to still be wearing black, and I work in a pretty RW environment where most ppl didn’t switch yet. DH is dropping these comments and being pretty annoying about how it’s boiling and why I am still wearing black etc. He seems to have some type of personal preference for nude.. Is this normal for him to voice opinions about my personal hosiery choices?

Yes!
He wants you to start shaving your legs again

(Gag!
This was just a silly joke- no offense meant!

SuperWify

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:00 pm
I hate back tights and take them off as soon as it’s a bit Sunny. Most people in Lakewood like to keep them on as long as possible. I guess I’m the “black” (or nude) sheep here....

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:21 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I hate back tights and take them off as soon as it’s a bit Sunny. Most people in Lakewood like to keep them on as long as possible. I guess I’m the “black” (or nude) sheep here....

It’s funny.. I love black tights and by the end of the summer I can’t wait to put them back on.
I’m not joking... I just came back from a vort and people are still wearing black! It must be a lakewood thing because I never heard of wearing black tights this time of year. So when will lakewood put on nude?? Do they only wear black at night? Do they wait for 90 degrees? For shavuos? Oh, I do wish there would be a handbook with rules.

Crookshanks

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:35 pm
SuperWify wrote:

We can be nude sheep together!

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s funny.. I love black tights and by the end of the summer I can’t wait to put them back on.
I’m not joking... I just came back from a vort and people are still wearing black! It must be a lakewood thing because I never heard of wearing black tights this time of year. So when will lakewood put on nude?? Do they only wear black at night? Do they wait for 90 degrees? For shavuos? Oh, I do wish there would be a handbook with rules.

I was in Lakewood today and everyone was in summer clothes with nude pantyhose.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:44 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I was in Lakewood today and everyone was in summer clothes with nude pantyhose.
It was scorching today.

Bubby6

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 6:54 pm
Better to say "tights of color". The word "black" has been cancelled.
Maybe this should be in the politics section.

SuperWify

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 7:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Today 90% of people I saw were wearing nude stockings. But then again my crowd isn’t the very very yeshivish of Lakewood. Was it a very yeshivish event? I think most agree 80 degrees weather calls for a change....

SuperWify

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 7:42 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
We can be nude sheep together!

We can. I don’t wear stocking always though. If my skirt is midi or longer my feet are *actually* nude. Only with short skirts.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:52 pm
I literally can't believe this thread. Four pages on my the halachos of tights. I just don't get it.

Cowardly being anon because I don't think this will be a popular opinion.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries