Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
High gloss kitchen cabinets

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 1:05 am
Anyone have glossy cabinet finish? How do they wear and tear? Do you see every fingerprint? Are they hard to clean and maintain?

Please tell me anything I need to know!

amother
White

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 3:34 am
We haven't had ours long enough to say on wear and tear. Having your kitchen well fitted will keep its lifespan better.
I don't see every finger mark. I do notice it seems to get more obviously dirty than my previous wood cupboards. But high gloss is great to clean. I just give it a quick wipe over and it's good.

voiceofreason

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 3:43 am
I have high gloss acrylic in a light color.
No kids, so can't speak to huge amounts of fingerprints, but I don't find myself wiping them every day, and I'm sure my fingers leave prints.
I love my cabinets.
The acrylic lasts beautifully.
I know that wood kitchens tend to look a bit worn after a few years.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 4:09 am
Is high gloss on fashion right now? If yes, you need to take into consideration that what is in fashion today will be out of fashion in a few years.
Classic never goes out of style.
Guess most of us don't change cabinets every year.

4g01o

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 4:53 am
I have high gloss cabinets with young children. I love them! They do need wiping down but sometimes I'll just see what looks dirty and use baby wipes rather than a full wipe down. I use glass/mirror spray on them for a full clean. They always look good.

Also light colour cabinets, cashmere. And generally no toys go into the kitchen.

Last edited by 4g01o on Mon, May 03 2021, 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

s c

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 4:54 am
I have high gloss in a light colour. They are wearing very well and are the easiest I've ever had to clean . just a quick wipe down with a damp cloth. That said, I don't have very young kids playing with toys in the kitchen. I would be wary about getting gloss lower cabinets in that case as I think they would get scratched.

meme6

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 4:59 am
High gloss is the best easiest to clean!

elaela

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:27 am
we have high gloss light coloured kitchen cabintes for 10 years. holds VERY WELL, looks like new very very easy to clean.
we have many little hands/fingers , and yes you can see fingerprints sometimes, but again: they are very easy to clean. it makes the kitchen look larger than it is. we picked a neutral colour, so I think despite the glossyness it is timeless/classic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics