Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I’m freaking out
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:13 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Have you tried to figure out who it is since you started this thread?

Of course. I’m have my strong suspicion based on details but I’m not sure.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is actually something that crossed my mind.
How would that work? How would I know anyway? How would a young teenager have that? And is that something I would need to address?

My brother had it from pretty young... I also didn’t want to freak you out more, that’s why I waited to see if anyone else mentions it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
My brother had it from pretty young... I also didn’t want to freak you out more, that’s why I waited to see if anyone else mentions it.

Please don’t be afraid to freak me out. I need to know what’s going on.
Any info you can share on this?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please don’t be afraid to freak me out. I need to know what’s going on.
Any info you can share on this?

My brother definitely has other issues besides this social, processing... I’m not really comfortable giving too much details on here. He’s in his 20s now and he always has a stash of diapers in his room. I hope other posters are able to chime in here. I don’t understand it so well. May Hashem guide you to get the bottom of this and figure out the best course of action. I’m still hoping for you that there is some kind of innocent explanation. Hug

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:42 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
My brother definitely has other issues besides this social, processing... I’m not really comfortable giving too much details on here. He’s in his 20s now and he always has a stash of diapers in his room. I hope other posters are able to chime in here. I don’t understand it so well. May Hashem guide you to get the bottom of this and figure out the best course of action. I’m still hoping for you that there is some kind of innocent explanation. Hug

Thanks. He overall a great, normal person bh.
I’m just wondering if this is something that needs to be addressed, or if it’s something “normal” as long as he keeps it discreet.
I’d appreciate if anyone can recommend a place to turn to without making a whole drama scene out of this.
I have no idea whom to ask about this issue and that kills me as a parent.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. He overall a great, normal person bh.
I’m just wondering if this is something that needs to be addressed, or if it’s something “normal” as long as he keeps it discreet.
I’d appreciate if anyone can recommend a place to turn to without making a whole drama scene out of this.
I have no idea whom to ask about this issue and that kills me as a parent.

Maybe start with asking your doctor.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 12:18 am
Did anyone start any new medicines or supplements? that can cause bedwetting when it was a non-issue before.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 12:33 am
Wet diapers in the cabinet is not anything to freak out about. It's not an emergency.
Take a few breaths, relax. Let this new information settle down, and your motherly instincts will inform you.
Apparently, someone is urinating in your toddlers diapers. It's not the end of the world. You'll get through this.
Take it slow and easy, and you'll figure this out.
Do you have intimate chats with your teens? Is there ever a time they come to you to confide in you?
Do you ever just chill on the couch so they see you're available for shmoozing?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 2:15 am
Have you only been finding diapers with urine? If the answer is yes than it's probably one of your teens because I'm assuming some of your toddler's diapers would also have feces too...

dankbar

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 5:46 am
Dh spilling in bed?
A young girl getting her period, and you don't know about it yet?
Maybe they are hiding something else wrapped in a diaper?
Makes sense toddler removes her diapers from the garbage & transfers & stuffs into cabinet? Or removes diaper from self?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:36 am
Whatever ended up happening?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Of course. I’m have my strong suspicion based on details but I’m not sure.

If you think one of your kids is taking your toddler's diapers and using them for an incontinence issue, keep count of how many diapers there are. If there are diapers missing, you know.

Buy a pack of adult incontinence products and place it next to the diapers with a note saying "incontinence is perfectly normal, but can almost always be treated by a doctor. There's no shame at all. We'll make an appointment when your ready. In the meantime, please throw used products in the trash. Love Parents."

amother
Oak

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:50 am
was just thinking about this post. Op: what ended up happening?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:06 am
I know other posters said this but please put a garbage can in your bathroom ! I started a thread about this awhile back when I was at in-laws and I had to change my pads and put them in a shopping bag in my bedroom because there wad no garbage in the bathroom. When I asked DH what his sisters did with pads he said that they take them to the kitchen! Which is so violating in my opinion . As a daughter in law in no way would I take my pads to the kitchen on full view of anyone who is in the kitchen - father in law, brothers in law, etc

observer

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 10:11 am
dankbar wrote:
Dh spilling in bed?
A young girl getting her period, and you don't know about it yet?

Maybe they are hiding something else wrapped in a diaper?
Makes sense toddler removes her diapers from the garbage & transfers & stuffs into cabinet? Or removes diaper from self?

Neither of those would look and smell like urine.

Woman of Valor

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 10:42 am
[quote="observer"]Neither of those would look and smell like urine.[/quote

Op did you figure it out?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 11:29 am
Hi everyone. Yes we got to the bottom of it and the issue was addressed. I’d rather not speak about it on here anymore. Thank you all for your help and suggestions they were really helpful.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics