Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Facial - Edith (Ave X) vs someone in Lakewood?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 12:36 am
I just took my teen for a facial at Edith in Sheepshead Bay/Ave X area on the recommendation of a relative who noticed her acne. After asking around a bit I've heard of several people who felt that Edith's facials and skin care products really worked wonders to clear up their acne.

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried her as well as any Lakewood options and could weigh in on whether it's worth traveling to Brooklyn to use Edith specifically or there is someone in Lakewood I could use who will also have similar great results? I was in Brooklyn anyway today but traveling just for this would of course be an expense and a hassle.

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:48 am
Bump for the morning crowd

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 11:52 am
I have been to someone in that area quite a while ago (about 16 years ago maybe?) , but I don't remember what her name was. The lady I went to worked out of a house somewhere by avenue x. Is it somewhere near East 13? somehow I seem to think it was there? Either way, she was really good and the facials were very relaxing, and it definitely helped.

(Side point-I can still remember the music that was playing when I layed there getting my facial. It was soft and calming and I still recall the tune and words. So interesting. )

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 12:22 pm
I took my teen daughter there a few months ago on recommendation of this group
While I was there, there was a van of girls coming in from Monsey? Monroe? Somewhere I remember thinking was a shlep.

In general I think we have a certain mentality that there is always one best way of doing things. And eveyone feels the need to only use the top! I think if you ask for recommendation on a Lakewood board or group for a good teen facial youbwilll get good recommendations which are prob all the same in the end

my80

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:26 pm
I remember seeing someone advertised in one of the lakewood paper's that they use edith's method. Does anyone know of someone doing that in lakewood?

TIA

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 11:00 pm
My teen goes to her for her blackheads. It helped

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 8:34 pm
I'm bumping this up. I just took my daughter to Edith all the way from Lakewood and am wondering if I really have to shlep all the way there. Is there really nobody like her in Lakewood?

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:18 am
What is her phone number?

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 11:02 am
I have bad acne. As a kalla I went religiously every 2/3 weeks and my chasuna is the only time I remember since early adolescence that I had beautiful clear skin. I have tried many things before and after, nothing had the same results.
The only reason I don’t do it anymore is because of the major shlep. I live too far away, and it wouldn’t fit into my busy lifestyle at this point.

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 11:03 am
718-646-6831

beeseven

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 11:55 am
Dora in Lakewood is great! Ladore labs is name of her business.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 10:42 pm
beeseven wrote:
Dora in Lakewood is great! Ladore labs is name of her business.

I'm looking gey a facial on Lakewood... someone really good and clean. Any recommendations
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics