Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Never been to FL
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:33 pm
Looking to go to Florida for 4-5 days in early summer. DH and I and our 6-mo old baby. We haven’t been before so we aren’t familiar with the scenes of different areas. We’re looking for two bedrooms, a pool ideally, walking distance to restaurants, a shul, and anything to do during the day. Any ideas of specific places to stay appreciated!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:41 pm
following..

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:15 am
Grand beach surfside. Oceanfront and Its right across from all shopping, dining, davening. Enjoy!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:39 am
Thank you!! Are there any other places to stay in that area you would recommend as well? Reading reviews for that hotel and it’s 4.0 stars but LOTS of scary 1 star ones for horrible service, someone with bed bugs, housekeeping theft, etc. and how do you recommend doing it if we want to have two bedrooms? (So that we can talk, watch TV even if the baby is asleep)? First baby and not sure how people handle this generally

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:40 am
Trump Sunny isles is awesome
Are you looking for a hotel or villa?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:02 am
Don’t mind hotel or villa or Airbnb, I would say cap of $350/night if possible and as much living space as possible and the 2 separate bedrooms is a must

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Don’t mind hotel or villa or Airbnb, I would say cap of $350/night if possible and as much living space as possible and the 2 separate bedrooms is a must

I’ve never stayed in an air bnb but consider hotels that have suites like Marriott residence inn. Even a 1 bedroom might work for you since you can put baby to sleep in bedroom while you ‘live’ (watch tv etc) in the living room. Residence inns also have full kitchens which is super convenient

amother
Denim

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:16 am
Would your husband be comfortable using hotel pool? If yes go with hotel so you have beach access right there

If not I’d recommend villa so you have a private pool and hot tub. Try North Miami Beach . There are some for $350 but then there are cleaning and damage waiver fees etc
Floridakoshervillas.com
Lxure.com
Flamingokoshervillas.com

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:23 am
If you are looking to be walking distance from food and minyan north Miami won't really work, but there would be the only place you can most likely have a private pool.
Unless you want to try to find Airbnb in Miami area which is not always success.

Grand beach is not recommended even if its in good location, don't let some posters convince you otherwise.
There are lots of different good hotels in the area that are much more recommended.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:37 am
He doesn’t go on the beach but would go to the pool if sparsely populated and maybe took his glasses off. I love swimming so this is always a bummer...

Yeah obviously super ideal is private pool + walkable to shopping/restaurants/ walking but if that exists I would think it’s not in that price range. I also gathered that about NBB, right? Maybe someone knows of something? I feel like with a baby this young, having walkability is especially nice

thunderstorm

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He doesn’t go on the beach but would go to the pool if sparsely populated and maybe took his glasses off. I love swimming so this is always a bummer...

Yeah obviously super ideal is private pool + walkable to shopping/restaurants/ walking but if that exists I would think it’s not in that price range. I also gathered that about NBB, right? Maybe someone knows of something? I feel like with a baby this young, having walkability is especially nice

Florida is extremely hot and humid in the summertime.
I did not enjoy Miami (around May) because it was so stifling there.
I’ve been to Orlando in June , rented a villa with a private pool and kept ourselves cool indoors or in the pool. Otherwise , the heat was to overwhelming for me. Just thought I’d throw that out there since you’ve never been there before.

mizle10

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:00 am
Something to keep in mind, Miami in the summer is pleasant if you’re in the water, or outdoors. Walking more than a few blocks is not doable. Especially with a baby who will be fussy in the extreme heat.
If your DH won’t swim in a hotel pool then a private pool is a must that time of year, otherwise you will end up spending the bulk of your day inside a hotel room.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:08 am
This is super helpful, thank you for all your advice. Seems like private pool is a must. Do you know if there are areas in Orlando where it would have nice places to walk around/be near a shul/restaurants (are there decent restaurants in the summer there?) and how we would find such places?

mizle10

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:30 am
There aren’t really any restaurants in Orlando. There might be one fleishig one, I’m not really sure. Orlando is also hotter than Miami, but you can easily find a villa with a private pool. I’m telling you, you won’t be walking around in Florida in the summer. When we’ve done summer trips with the kids it was late wake up/breakfast/tv, then we spent the afternoon IN the water. You can’t sit by the side of the pool in the summer. Supper is indoors, and then more TV/bedtime.

Edit: unless your going like the end of spring, early may. Then it’s hot outside but still bearable.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:36 am
mizle10 wrote:
There aren’t really any restaurants in Orlando. There might be one fleishig one, I’m not really sure. Orlando is also hotter than Miami, but you can easily find a villa with a private pool. I’m telling you, you won’t be walking around in Florida in the summer. When we’ve done summer trips with the kids it was late wake up/breakfast/tv, then we spent the afternoon IN the water. You can’t sit by the side of the pool in the summer. Supper is indoors, and then more TV/bedtime.

Edit: unless your going like the end of spring, early may. Then it’s hot outside but still bearable.

This. You don’t just ‘walk around’ in Florida in the summer

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:53 am
Oh, duh. That makes sense with the heat. So what do people do all day in Miami? Hang out in private pool, go out to eat, zeh hu? We like museums and indoor activities but she's too little to enjoy things. So more just ideas that she'd be able to tolerate being in a baby carrier or stroller for an hour to an hour and a half at a time, lol.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh, duh. That makes sense with the heat. So what do people do all day in Miami? Hang out in private pool, go out to eat, zeh hu? We like museums and indoor activities but she's too little to enjoy things. So more just ideas that she'd be able to tolerate being in a baby carrier or stroller for an hour to an hour and a half at a time, lol.

People don’t typically travel there in summer unless they plan to be at beach or pool all
Day. It’s just not enjoyable. Can you go
Elsewhere? Or go another time?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:11 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Grand beach surfside. Oceanfront and Its right across from all shopping, dining, davening. Enjoy!!

Those people I know who has been there has not had a good experience.

mizle10

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes, honestly. In the summer that’s all there is to do. Miami is much busier in the winter. Is going a different time an option? If your not the type to enjoy chilling in the pool all day I would try to go either like now, or wait till October.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 12:39 pm
Do you have recommendations instead for somewhere else that would have a private pool/empty beach area in the Northeast with kosher restaurants and a little up and down to walk? Like Deal I guess? Never been. Do you know places to look for villa type places there? Seems like my post is turning into "Never been to the beach" lol
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics