Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Parve salmon & other recipes for Shavuos

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 1:22 pm
I may have company who can't have dairy.

I'm looking for a good salmon recipe and any other parve recipes that I can make for the meal.

(Not doing fleishigs for that meal.)

Ellie7

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 1:32 pm
I really like these two salmon recipes. I grill them, but you could also bake/broil.

https://www.eatingwell.com/rec.....erbs/

https://www.thespruceeats.com/.....34454

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 1:35 pm
Thanks! I'm dealing with some picky eaters, so perhaps I'll try more than one recipe. Those look really good!

Other recipes?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 1:37 pm
Brush with equal parts Mayo mustard and ketchup then coat with cornflake crumb

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 1:38 pm
I made blackened salmon with pomegranate salsa and it was a hit in my family on Shabbos.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 1:44 pm
I meant to post this morning. Please share your very favorite salmon recipe!

(I tried a very elaborate one with three types of citrus juice & rind. It was a lot of work & I wondered if it would have been just as good with only one of them... so not looking for major complicated but something that tastes very good.

I do have a recipe for a side of salmon, though I s/t make it with a bunch of cut pieces. I'm going to get the formal recipe tomorrow & will bli neder come back & edit, but this is more or less the recipe:

Bathe salmon in 1/4 c lemon juice in a cup of water for a half hour. Then spill out.

Spread mayonnaise on top of salmon. Sprinkle with any or all of these: 2 teaspoon each of green stuff, 1 tsp of others: minced garlic, fried onions, dill, parsley, chives, basil black sesame seeds, white sesame (salt, garlic powder, onion powder) etc. You can do it like 'everything bagels' or, for a very pretty presentation, take a piece of cardboard to keep things even hold it up as you sprinkle each topping in a stripe.

(Note: kids usually do not want to eat 'green stuff' unless you've really trained them that way, so you're safest making some pieces plainer if you have kids who may eat salmon!)

Bake 20 minutes covered then 10-15 minutes uncovered. Nicest if you have a bake & serve dish but you can do it on a cookie sheet lined w parchment & then slide carefully onto serving dish (& tear away the parchment.)

(Anon bec have discussed this a lot IRL!)

sky

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 1:52 pm
McCormick seafood spice
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1
They sell at Costco also
Just cover salmon. Bake. Broil at very end.
Easiest and delicious.

The first kosher be design has a recipe with soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and brown sugar. It makes an amazing sweet glazed salmon.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 2:00 pm
sky wrote:
McCormick seafood spice
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1
They sell at Costco also
Just cover salmon. Bake. Broil at very end.
Easiest and delicious.

The first kosher be design has a recipe with soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and brown sugar. It makes an amazing sweet glazed salmon.

Can you post the KBD recipe?

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 2:18 pm
The beis yaakov cookbook 1 has a great easy recipe for sweet and tangy salmon that is always a hit in my house. Very basic and easy recipe-some ketchup, lemon juice, garlic etc-I'm not able to look it up at the moment, but I could try later if you wanted it.

sky

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you post the KBD recipe?

Teriyaki salmon

4 salmon fillets
Dijon mustard (I omit)
3/4 cup teriyaki
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup dark brown sugar (I use light brown)

Original instructions:
Brush salmon with mustard
Mix sauce and sugar. Reserve 1/2. Marinate 1-4 hours in 1/2 marinade. Grill salmon 6-8 minutes per side. Baste with reserved marinade.

My instructions:
Mix marinade ingredients. Save a little. Marinade salmon in sauce. After placing in pan pour some marinade over salmon. Bake 20-25 min at 400. Broil last 5 min if can (my oven cannot). Pour over extra marinade last few minutes of baking.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 3:52 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
The beis yaakov cookbook 1 has a great easy recipe for sweet and tangy salmon that is always a hit in my house. Very basic and easy recipe-some ketchup, lemon juice, garlic etc-I'm not able to look it up at the moment, but I could try later if you wanted it.

Thanks! I have the cookbook, will look it up.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 4:07 pm
sky wrote:
Teriyaki salmon

4 salmon fillets
Dijon mustard (I omit)
3/4 cup teriyaki
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup dark brown sugar (I use light brown)

Original instructions:
Brush salmon with mustard
Mix sauce and sugar. Reserve 1/2. Marinate 1-4 hours in 1/2 marinade. Grill salmon 6-8 minutes per side. Baste with reserved marinade.

My instructions:
Mix marinade ingredients. Save a little. Marinade salmon in sauce. After placing in pan pour some marinade over salmon. Bake 20-25 min at 400. Broil last 5 min if can (my oven cannot). Pour over extra marinade last few minutes of baking.

Thank you! I just copied the recipe for my menu.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 4:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I may have company who can't have dairy.

I'm looking for a good salmon recipe and any other parve recipes that I can make for the meal.

(Not doing fleishigs for that meal.)

You can do an all parve meal. Something along the lines of
Cream of asparagus or broccoli
Pesto linguine
Lemon garlic salmon
Roasted broccolini
Caesar salad

You can serve cream on the side for those that want to add a tablespoon to their bowl of soup. Parmesan on the side for those that want to sprinkle it over their pasta and/or Caesar salad.

avrahamama

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:32 pm
Pereg spices makes a delicious fish spice mix. It's so good. Just that alone with lemon on side is all the salmon needs.

tichellady

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:40 pm
I think most people overdo the dairy for these meals. One dairy dish and the rest pareve is great. I make pareve salmon with teriyaki sauce, maple glazed, Moroccan style with chickpeas, or honey mustard
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen