Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How hot is hot?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:02 pm
I see posters saying that miami is unbearably hot in the summer.
So is lakewood.
It gets unbearably hot and humid in lakewood in June/July/august, does that mean that miami is so much hotter?
What months of the year are unbearable there?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:05 pm
I was there in May /June time and it was over 100 and the humidity was so intense I literally felt like I couldn’t inhale. After that one time I never had a desire to go back to Miami. There’s a reason why people always go in the winter time.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:10 pm
Even Sukkos is unbearable there. People put ACs in their sukkahs.

Fave

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:16 pm
When you’re home in Lakewood, you go about your daily routine without spending too much time outdoors. Home, carpool, work, grocery and back home….

When on vacation, you don’t want to be cooped up indoors the entire time. You don’t go to Miami to visit the museum….so the heat definitely plays a role.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:24 pm
Ok that makes sense. So I guess the same goes for those who live in Miami, the heat is fine with them because they’re busy with their daily lives?
When it’s hot in the summer, the kids can’t play outside at 3 pm because it’s too hot in nj

amother
Jade

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok that makes sense. So I guess the same goes for those who live in Miami, the heat is fine with them because they’re busy with their daily lives?
When it’s hot in the summer, the kids can’t play outside at 3 pm because it’s too hot in nj

Many families there have pools.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Just know that the hot in Miami in the summer, it's on another level than when you're hiding out in NJ at 3pm.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:49 pm
I live in Miami. It is HOT. Like unbearable at times. The way we manage is to go to and from the car/house AC. We don’t play outside for more than 20 minutes in a shot, unless it’s a water activity.

The reason why it’s so much worse than Lakewood is that there is no relief. If it rains, it’s still hot and humid. At night, it’s still hot and humid. Also the humidity is really really oppressive. It’s not just a bit sticky out, it’s constantly heavy air around you.

Your summer weather is what we have now. High 80s-90s, with some humidity and a real feel of 90-100s. Add another 10 degrees and a lot more humidity and you have miami in the summer!

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:53 pm
I live in Miami. All year round. I have visited Lakewood in the summer. I dont think its any hotter in the summer than it is in Lakewood.

The main difference is during the months of September-May. But it doesnt get much hotter than it gwts in Lakewood in the middle of the summer.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:58 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I live in Miami. It is HOT. Like unbearable at times. The way we manage is to go to and from the car/house AC. We don’t play outside for more than 20 minutes in a shot, unless it’s a water activity.

The reason why it’s so much worse than Lakewood is that there is no relief. If it rains, it’s still hot and humid. At night, it’s still hot and humid. Also the humidity is really really oppressive. It’s not just a bit sticky out, it’s constantly heavy air around you.

Your summer weather is what we have now. High 80s-90s, with some humidity and a real feel of 90-100s. Add another 10 degrees and a lot more humidity and you have miami in the summer!

Have you been to Lakewood in the summer?
Its hot there too.

Yes, this week got really intense here. But I think the main thing here is that when tourists come, they spend alot of time outdoors while we sit in our houses and go from the air conditioned car to the air conditioned store and back home where the AC is always on.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:49 pm
The sun is much stronger in miami in summer time. You can get a dangerous burn there very fast even w sunscreen.
It also reflects off water & sand so it is even more intense.
Dh got high fever after getting sunburned there in summer.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:51 pm
Miami is unbearably hot TODAY.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:52 pm
Think about the equator.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:06 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
The sun is much stronger in miami in summer time. You can get a dangerous burn there very fast even w sunscreen.
It also reflects off water & sand so it is even more intense.
Dh got high fever after getting sunburned there in summer.

This is at the beach, not on the street.

ImmaBubby

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:22 pm
If you’re not used to the heat it is difficult to be outside for any great length of time. No one strolls around for fun. It’s simply not enjoyable, and not a good idea if you’re careless about sunscreen and hydration.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:43 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Have you been to Lakewood in the summer?
Its hot there too.

Yes, this week got really intense here. But I think the main thing here is that when tourists come, they spend alot of time outdoors while we sit in our houses and go from the air conditioned car to the air conditioned store and back home where the AC is always on.

Yes I lived there for a time Smile
In Lakewood there are definitely really hot and humid days, but there is relief from the heat. When it rains, at night, cloudy days, etc. In Miami it doesn’t end until after Sukkos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics