Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Embarrassing summer problem. Please help!
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:21 pm
So every summer I have the same issue and it’s so embarrassing . I tend sweat excessively and no matter which deodorant I try using, I always have wet underarms.
I’ve tried clinical strength deodorant, practically every brand out there, and cannot figure out the solution.
Any tips????
TYIA

amother
White

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So every summer I have the same issue and it’s so embarrassing . I tend sweat excessively and no matter which deodorant I try using, I always have wet underarms.
I’ve tried clinical strength deodorant, practically every brand out there, and cannot figure out the solution.
Any tips????
TYIA

Speak to your dr,

amother
Purple

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:23 pm
You can wear underarm shields but I would recommend seeing a holistic doctor to seek the cause so you don't have to deal with this forever.

simcha2

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:23 pm
Armpit pads

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....6cc54

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:24 pm
Certain Dri Prescription Strength Clinical Antiperspirant - Doctor Recommended Hyperhidrosis Treatment - 72 Hour Protection from Excessive Sweating - Roll-On - 1.2 Fl Oz - Pack of 1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....abf1e

Have you tried this one?

amother
Brunette

This at night
https://www.target.com/p/certa.....metab
And this in the morning are what finally worked for me. On Shabbos when I can't use a stick in the morning it's still a problem.
https://www.target.com/p/degre.....metab

amother
OP

amother [ Purple ] wrote:
You can wear underarm shields but I would recommend seeing a holistic doctor to seek the cause so you don't have to deal with this forever.

Would you have any numbers ? I’m located in Lakewood, NJ

amother
Denim

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:26 pm
I have the same issue. I've never thought it was a medical issue. I sweat in the summer, too.

avrahamama

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:26 pm
I've heard people can botox their underarms and that helps with excessive sweating.

When I was a teen I took a prescription strength antiperspirant from my dermatologist. I used it once a week and never sweat. I had to keep it on overnight and wash it in morning and it stung. It saved me so much embarrassment. I can't imagine it's very healthy though. BH I'm ok now.

dani'smommy

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:30 pm
I second botox. Hubby had a friend who did this and it made a huge difference for him.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:34 pm
Thanks for all your replies.
Right now Botox is not an option. Yes I’m aware of the underarm pads but don’t want to use them everyday it’s not so comfortable. Looking for a foolproof deodorant. Perhaps a special prescribed one would do the trick but not sure which dermatologist to go .

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:50 pm
I have the same problem but thought it's normal...
I also get sweaty feet and a sweaty sheitel. Ugh

amother
Silver

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:51 pm
OP, same issue.

I love fashion but feel so restricted with colours and different materials because of the sweat patches.

I never heard of Botox for underarms, anyone willing to explain?

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:52 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
OP, same issue.

I love fashion but feel so restricted with colours and different materials because of the sweat patches.

I never heard of Botox for underarms, anyone willing to explain?

It restricts the sweat glands. Some people have injections done in the underarms before the summer. It lasts up to 3 months.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:06 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
It restricts the sweat glands. Some people have injections done in the underarms before the summer. It lasts up to 3 months.

And the the yucky sweat gets distributed to a diff area on the body. I know someone who did underarm Botox. Her hands are dripping with water / sweat for years already as a result. It sucks bc I also have the same problem.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:07 pm
For the above posters that recommended the dri prescription deoterant do you have problems woth itching/burning? Alot of reviews on Amazon were saying that it itches alot. Also you use regular deodorant on top?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:08 pm
Getting to the root of the issue. Putting anything on that restricts sweat is not good bc the body needs to release sweat. The question is what is CAUSING the excessive sweat to begin with. I have this issue and its hard, especially under front area of bra. so uncomfortable! I find that diet change, putting up shaitel and drinking a lot! help a little. healthier habits over time have helped decrease it somewhat.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:10 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Getting to the root of the issue. Putting anything on that restricts sweat is not good bc the body needs to release sweat. The question is what is CAUSING the excessive sweat to begin with. I have this issue and its hard, especially under front area of bra. so uncomfortable! I find that diet change, putting up shaitel and drinking a lot! help a little. healthier habits over time have helped decrease it somewhat.

I heard to eliminate sugar, coffee, garlic and onions.
All a staple to me.

Does anyone sweat from coffee ? I realized I do. Gross but it happens.

avrahamama

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:18 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I heard to eliminate sugar, coffee, garlic and onions.
All a staple to me.

Does anyone sweat from coffee ? I realized I do. Gross but it happens.

Do you think it's coffee or caffeine?

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:28 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Do you think it's coffee or caffeine?

Def coffee
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics