Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Embarrassing summer problem. Please help!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:28 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Do you think it's coffee or caffeine?

Def coffee

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:35 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I heard to eliminate sugar, coffee, garlic and onions.
All a staple to me.

Does anyone sweat from coffee ? I realized I do. Gross but it happens.

Gluten was a staple for me too, until I stopped eating it. You either do what's best for you or you don't. It's not self control, it's just, I'm the kind of person who just can't eat it.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:41 pm
I struggled with this same issue for many years, since I was a teen (before caffeine and lifestyle/diet 'issues' came into play).
OP, while it may or may not be 'normal', if it is affecting your quality of life there are certainly options for dealing with this.
Personally, prescription antiperspirants like Drysol worked but required that I frequently reapply and as another poster mentioned, it also burned. (also remember an antiperspirant is not the same as deodorant, though some products are both)

I have since undergone a procedure called Miradry which is FDA approved to actually destroy the sweat gland under your arms.

I chose this option for many reasons, among them it is the long term convenience factor (does not run out or need to be constantly repeated), I did not want to inject botox and there are no issues in regards to breastfeeding.

I imagine some people reading this might balk at the idea of permanently destroying sweat glands and other options mentioned here etc. etc., hence my final piece of advice is that OP should consult with her doctor.
I can recommend an excellent experienced Dermatologist in the NY area who regularly performs Miradry as well as Botox and can perhaps suggest other options for dealing with hyperhidrosis.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Certain Dri Prescription Strength Clinical Antiperspirant - Doctor Recommended Hyperhidrosis Treatment - 72 Hour Protection from Excessive Sweating - Roll-On - 1.2 Fl Oz - Pack of 1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....abf1e

Have you tried this one?
this. Every single other deodorant that I’ve seen on the shelf (and doesn’t require a prescription) all has Aluminium chlorohydrate in it. Sometimes it sounds fancy and says Aluminium zirconium chlorohydrate or or chlorihydrex. Or with some number on front of it like tetrachloihydrex or octachlihydrex or dichlorohydrate etc . It’s all the same stuff pretty much. Clinical strength may have higher percentages but it’s not effective for many. The specific Certain dri mentioned above has a different ingredient that I find very effective and have not seen in any other over the counter. It’s called Aluminum Chloride and is the strongest out there.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:59 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
this. Every single other deodorant that I’ve seen on the shelf (and doesn’t require a prescription) all has Aluminium chlorohydrate in it. Sometimes it sounds fancy and says Aluminium zirconium chlorohydrate or or chlorihydrex. Or with some number on front of it like tetrachloihydrex or octachlihydrex or dichlorohydrate etc . It’s all the same stuff pretty much. Clinical strength may have higher percentages but it’s not effective for many. The specific Certain dri mentioned above has a different ingredient that I find very effective and have not seen in any other over the counter. It’s called Aluminum Chloride and is the strongest out there.

Apply at night and don't apply anything else in the morning?

Rhl mom

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:59 pm
Has anyone ever heard that eating bread for breakfast can help with sweat?? I heard that it’s mentioned in the Gemara!

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:03 pm
Rhl mom wrote:
Has anyone ever heard that eating bread for breakfast can help with sweat?? I heard that it’s mentioned in the Gemara!

I wish! I eat bread a sweat tonz. I’m so sensory and it makes me cry. Especially my hair under wig gets me so nervous.

honeymoon

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:07 pm
I sweat like crazy. Even in the winter under my coat. I heard that chlorophyll is supposed to be helpful, though I never tried it.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:14 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Apply at night and don't apply anything else in the morning?
I used to apply at night and sometimes in the morning too but then it would sting...although anyone who went through what I went through would agree that a little pain was worth it to avoid the mabul that soaked my tops haha. But then I found a solution that avoided the stinging. I used this (which now has a new name btw Certain Dri Prescription Strength Clinical – Roll-On ) at night and then used the weaker certain dri products in the morning. ( Certain Dri Extra Strength Clinical – Solid which is the next in line in strength or
Certain Dri Everyday Strength Clinical Solid/Roll-On which is weakest) Between me you and the lamp post I don’t think that the other certain dri products are any different then the standard deodorant of other brands but it was affordable and I like the smell so...

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:17 pm
Certain Dri Prescription Strength Clinical – Roll-On

Look before you try anything radical like Botox or sweat gland killing meds please try this. It’s not expensive so you have nothing to lose. They don’t pay me but they saved my life a couple of years ago. I went through some brief stage of something where I sweated abnormally. We are talking huge sweat stains that would travel down to my waist. Embarrassing and so uncomfortable. Maybe it was anxiety I am not sure but this took care of it. I currently use the other certain dry products because I don’t sweat as much

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:41 pm
Yes, someone mentioned chlorophyll. Another great option for giving body essential minerals and aiding altogether with functions.
I HIGHLY discourage detroying sweat glands for several reaasons:
- Our bodies NEED to sweat to eliminate what ie needs to eliminate
- If sweat cannot be released where it needs to be, something in the body will be compensating for it which is never good.
- The underlying issue will still remain and can cause more issues.

If your body is telling you something, listen to it! It is your best commander. Work with it. It usually wont 'just' resolve on its own.

OP I really hope its gone by summer - I know how difficult it is. Lots of luck!

hanna2010

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:49 pm
I’ve worn all different kinds of dress shields since I was a teen. Finally had enough this year and began using Klien errs sweat shield ultra wipes from Amazon.

Also use bamboo cotton bra liners from Amazon.

Life saver.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:51 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Yes, someone mentioned chlorophyll. Another great option for giving body essential minerals and aiding altogether with functions.
I HIGHLY discourage detroying sweat glands for several reaasons:
- Our bodies NEED to sweat to eliminate what ie needs to eliminate
- If sweat cannot be released where it needs to be, something in the body will be compensating for it which is never good.
- The underlying issue will still remain and can cause more issues.

If your body is telling you something, listen to it! It is your best commander. Work with it. It usually wont 'just' resolve on its own.

OP I really hope its gone by summer - I know how difficult it is. Lots of luck!
I’m not a fan of destroying sweat glands either but keep in mind that the body has millions of pores and of stuff needs to come out it can choose to figure out other sweat glands to come out of. Maybe let of distribute itself evenly or something instead of gushing out of your pits. And turning off a few or blocking them up won’t hurt you

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So every summer I have the same issue and it’s so embarrassing . I tend sweat excessively and no matter which deodorant I try using, I always have wet underarms.
I’ve tried clinical strength deodorant, practically every brand out there, and cannot figure out the solution.
Any tips????
TYIA

I have the same problem. You can try this-- https://mycarpe.com/products/u.....65765

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:57 pm
I use lume. Game changer. I don't know if sweating a LOT was my issue but I always smelled

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:16 pm
hanna2010 wrote:
I’ve worn all different kinds of dress shields since I was a teen. Finally had enough this year and began using Klien errs sweat shield ultra wipes from Amazon.

Life saver.
can you post links for these products, couldn't find the first?

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:17 pm
forgot to bookmark

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 11:25 pm
hanna2010 wrote:

Life saver.

OMG you are amazing, thank yoU! I did NOT know these exist. I used super soft small baby burp cloths and folded to fit like padding this past year and life has been so much nicer. Thought even to make liners so I didnt have to use this pc of material. Now I see they exist and I dont need to. Absolutely amazing! I will be ordering. Thank you.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 11:52 pm
hanna2010 wrote:

Life saver.

Something like this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....6de35
If yes then it’s brilliant! Exactly what I need! I’m pregnant and my boobs grew exponentially....
So therefore I needed way larger, more minimizing bras. The underwire really pokes into my tummy and I get so sweaty, itchy and rashes underneath that I sometimes go nuts!
This sounds like exactly what I need! Thanks!

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 11:56 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
For the above posters that recommended the dri prescription deoterant do you have problems woth itching/burning? Alot of reviews on Amazon were saying that it itches alot. Also you use regular deodorant on top?

Yes, it itched too much for me to continue using it.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics