Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Not managing at night

peanut1

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:16 pm
So I'm usually done, exhausted, need head space by 7:00. I know that's early. Right now, at my stage I'm able to get everything done and put the kids to sleep before that so I can zone out by then.
My question is what happens when my kids get older and I have imh have more kids?
What will happen when I don't have time in the day and need to put the house back together at night?
Any suggestions?

Plonis

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:39 pm
My suggestion? Don't worry about it now, you'll cross that bridge when you come to it.

Hashem gives us more strength when we need it.

hodeez

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:48 pm
You have no idea how many things will change by then. Just live in the now. You're coping now? BH.

queen esther

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:28 pm
Hi OP. I totally empathize with this.... My oldest is 11 bh and parenting over the years has been a shift on so many levels. Regarding the time you have at night, it is challenging. My kids have always been later at night with bedtimes (partly my doing I know) but same concept... At some point 8 pm was no longer mine alone, then 9pm, etc etc. However as kids get older they also need you differently. They may be shmoozy with you while you clean kitchen. Or even better they may do a joint cleanup with you for few minutes. I've had to train myself not to wait until house is quiet to do any evening tasks, I try to get stuff done while they're busy before bed. My kids can be reading or finishing hw or whatever and I do some of the daily stuff then before I get them into bed... Which is also not as hands on as before. It's different.

lucky14

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:54 pm
I'd think that by the time kids are older they will leave you alone to do the housework you need to do.

anonymrs

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 11:02 pm
I'm there now and my house is never together. It's about 9:30 or so until my house quiets down. By that time I'm totally done. I'm up at 6am with my little ones and I just need to chill out after it's quiet. It's a problem and I don't know how to deal with it.

Goody2shoes

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 11:51 pm
You'll just have to get the kids to help then

familyfirst

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:02 am
Cleaning lady!!!
At least once a week

That way if hiuse flies for a few days you know it’ll be out back together soon
Otherwise it’s a bottomless pit

salt

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 2:36 am
When your kids are older you won't have to wait till everyone's asleep to get the house in order. To tell you the truth, when our house is a mess it bothers my 15 yr old more than it bothers me, and she runs around sweeping and putting things away!
But your kids will also help you iy"H.
And you'll be able to go out more easily and leave them home by themselves for a while to do errands or just get our for a break.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics