Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Gateshead New

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:45 pm
אי״ה our daughter is going to Gateshead new in August. I honestly don’t know too much about the program but have been told by many people including her mechaneches and principal it would be very good for her. Please please offer any info you may have

missmuffetsmum

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 2:36 am
You can PM me

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 5:44 am
What is you want to know? It's a great sem. The principal really cares about each and every girl and you really feel it. The town is a really nice peaceful town-reminds me a little of a college town because of all the yeshivos and sems.
They seem to have a great spin on practical learning of haskofas to enable the girls to go out and live a real life in the real world, rather than focus on book learning (which I personally think is more sensible). Like instead of saying internet is evil, they might discuss pitfalls and things to avoid, rather than blanket ban it.
They offer courses in the afternoon at the local college, mostly vocational like hairdressing, beauty etc.
What are your concerns?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:32 am
The shiurim are brilliant. Inspiring and hashkofa but still down to earth. Some text but not loads. Being in Gateshead is an experience in itself, such a small community with so much Torah learning is amazing. The dorms are ok (on two different sites with a short walk between). Nice range of girls from England, Europe, USA and israel. Everyone I know who went there has really loved it. And as pp said, the head and aim habayis reallly care for each girl.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:52 am
I know one girl who went there who was very unhappy with the amount of down time in the afternoons. She is very intellectual and had zero interest in the vocational type of college courses they offered in the afternoon, so she was bored. The kodesh was fine, but she didn't find it anything special.

I suspect she was rather a misfit, and ended up leaving mid year. The time away from home was valuable for her, and she was a lot more settled afterwards, so she certainly gained from her time there.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 10:16 pm
Bump

Elfrida

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 10:44 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
Bump

This thread is from a year and a half ago. Can you elaborate a bit exactly what you want to know.?

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 6:35 am
Type of girls that attend this seminary? Level of learning?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics