Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How can I help my son? Ocd and anxiety.
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 3:42 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Op, You say you are in England. The NHS does not recognize Pandas as being a condition so I don't know how easy it will be to see a paediatrician who will treat it.
Hatzlocho

Yes, oh no Sad I'm going to try. We have one doctor who is Israeli, maybe he can help us. This is so hard!

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 4:39 am
Opinions aside
From experience
A went to a great naturopath who muscle tested for the right nutritional protocol to address the underlying biological imbalances and did energy work to help the body release the emotional imbalances
Helped a lot.
Basically, go to a healer

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He's been for cbt therapy which did help a lot. He had tics and those are gone since he's been bh. He still suffers a lot, we're in England. I don't know where to start. My Doctor just said to get him therapy because if we go through the nhs, getting him diagnosed etc he'll most likely be put onto medication. I'm happy for him to take meds if he needs, and if it'll help. My dh isn't, he thinks ds is ok overall. But I see that he's far from a typical child his age. And he struggles with a lot of daily things. Hates having showers or baths (he won't tell us why bc he's embarrassed) needs reminding to change his underwear. He's 12! He is responsible to a certain extent but he also panics at every little thing.

Hi OP, I live in England too, and I have a 12yr old son with very similar sounding behaviours. He's been in therapy for a while, but I haven't seen much change really. He's struggling and I'm struggling in knowing how to help him. It's such an awful feeling not knowing what to do. It seems all I can do is be there for him, and listen to him as much as I can, as that's the only thing that seems to keep him relaxed to some extent.

Hugs, I know how hard it is!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:56 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Hi OP, I live in England too, and I have a 12yr old son with very similar sounding behaviours. He's been in therapy for a while, but I haven't seen much change really. He's struggling and I'm struggling in knowing how to help him. It's such an awful feeling not knowing what to do. It seems all I can do is be there for him, and listen to him as much as I can, as that's the only thing that seems to keep him relaxed to some extent.

Hugs, I know how hard it is!

Thanks so much. It helps to know that I'm not alone. I've been to therapy for myself in how to deal with him better. It did help a bit bh. It's a work in progress...

He hates change, I'm due after sukkos iyh I'm a bit nervous but trying to let go, and leave it up to my husband and the one above to deal with him lol!

Hatzlocho to you too with your son. Maybe they can be friends? 😀

MinnieMa

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:18 pm
Hi Op, I’m so sorry you’re going through this. If you can pm me I have some information that might be helpful

amother
Peach

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He's been for cbt therapy which did help a lot. He had tics and those are gone since he's been bh. He still suffers a lot, we're in England. I don't know where to start. My Doctor just said to get him therapy because if we go through the nhs, getting him diagnosed etc he'll most likely be put onto medication. I'm happy for him to take meds if he needs, and if it'll help. My dh isn't, he thinks ds is ok overall. But I see that he's far from a typical child his age. And he struggles with a lot of daily things. Hates having showers or baths (he won't tell us why bc he's embarrassed) needs reminding to change his underwear. He's 12! He is responsible to a certain extent but he also panics at every little thing.

I am sorry for your son and you for what's going on.
Is there a possibility that your son may have been molested?

You may find it helpful to contact Relief.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
he also panics at every little thing.

Panic at every little thing can indicate some unresolved shock trauma.
Find him a good somatic-based trauma therapist.
Have you tried biodynamic craniosacral therapy? that is very soothing.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 2:08 am
Maybe a dose of medicine ssri could help?

MinnieMa

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:02 pm
Dear op, I’m not sure if you saw my previous post. But if you can pm me I have something that might be helpful

chams

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:00 am
Hi he may have a co-infection such as microplasma, Lyme etc push for a full testing and get him ERP therapy. CBT is pretty useless. Also he will need ssri to help him control himself for the ERP to begin to work.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 11:17 am
chams wrote:
Hi he may have a co-infection such as microplasma, Lyme etc push for a full testing and get him ERP therapy. CBT is pretty useless. Also he will need ssri to help him control himself for the ERP to begin to work.

Thanks!
His anxiety has gone really bad, he now started pulling out his eye brows and eye lashes Sad I'm so upset! He started doing this months ago, he stopped after the cbt therapy. Now it seems he's back to square 1. Almost... And my dh doesn't want him to go on medication but I'm going to tell my Dr that he needs to refer him for
some further help. I feel hopeless Crying

Is there maybe anything natural that kids can take for anxiety? Is it worth calling up the local kosher vitamin store?

mammala120

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 1:32 pm
Hi OP I am sorry you r going through this. Please let us know if any vitamins helped.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 2:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!
His anxiety has gone really bad, he now started pulling out his eye brows and eye lashes Sad I'm so upset! He started doing this months ago, he stopped after the cbt therapy. Now it seems he's back to square 1. Almost... And my dh doesn't want him to go on medication but I'm going to tell my Dr that he needs to refer him for
some further help. I feel hopeless Crying

Is there maybe anything natural that kids can take for anxiety? Is it worth calling up the local kosher vitamin store?
NAC can help pretty dramatically for trichotillomania, you need really high doses and pharmanac is the best form, the other ones oxidize really quickly once opened. By high doses I mean like 1200-1800mg at a time, 2 or 3 times a day. Gaba can help too, pharmagaba from Thorne is a great brand. I find that ibuprophen every six hours and Zyrtec help right away to address inflammation. And of course treating the underlying infections.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics