Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Embarrassing summer problem. Please help!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:04 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
can you post links for these products, couldn't find the first?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....5c3d9

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:05 am
Has anyone tried this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....9d3dc

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:14 am
Aluminum is very bad for you.
I use these

PURAX Pure Pads Antiperspirant Adhesive Underarm Pads, 30 Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001.....psc=1

DrMom

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:22 am
Are there steps you can take the mitigate how sweaty you get?

For example, if you wear tight-fitting synthetic shells which trap sweat, can you switch to looser, breathable cotton tops?

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:25 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Aluminum is very bad for you.
I use these

PURAX Pure Pads Antiperspirant Adhesive Underarm Pads, 30 Piece https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....33671

I tried these. Didn't work for me at all.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:41 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I tried these. Didn't work for me at all.

What didn’t work about them?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:54 am
I've suffered for years with excessive sweating. I have had good results with sweatblock pads. Highly recommend them!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 2:03 am
Any deodorant will be much more effective is applied at night, instead of (or in addition to) the morning. This way it gets absorbed in the skin better. Also roll on or stick are much better then spray.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:57 am
I've worn those sweat pads before but I feel like they are too small, sometimes sweat comes out at the edge.

Also, they are really clumsy and hard to get on nice and smooth. It can show through when wearing a t-shirt.

Any ideas? Did anyone have any sweat pads which worked very well?

Thanks !

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:53 am
Disposable underarm shields

amother
Blue

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:54 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Disposable underarm shields

They make me sweat more. Rubbing against under garments , the body , the arm. It’s yuck

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:56 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
What didn’t work about them?

It's not absorbent enough - only absorbs a small amount. And it doesn't stick to everything, its moves around.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:59 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
It's not absorbent enough - only absorbs a small amount. And it doesn't stick to everything, its moves around.

Yes, I also experienced this.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:14 am
OP, this is such a common problem, as you can see!

Any dermatologist anywhere has seen this a million times, and can help you sort through your options.

If antiperspirants (NOT deodorants, that's just for smell) are stinging, try applying a day or two after you shave your underarms, or shave with something soothing like baby oil. You're probably scraping too much skin off and leaving the area more sensitive. '

I wish I knew about these products when DD was hitting puberty. Every mom should know about them. DD would shower first thing in the morning, come home from school soaking wet and take another shower, and then one more before bed. 3 showers a day in the summer, and 2 in the winter. B'H she likes to stay clean and enjoys washing!

If your teen smells, or fights you about multiple showers every day, please take him/her to a good dermatologist who is kind and understanding. Your child's social life is very important, and other kids may not be so nice and tell them they are smelly. Even worse, they may just shun your child and never say anything, so your child won't know what's wrong and think it's because of some fault in their personality.

The good news, is that when you hit menopause, you hardly sweat at all, and when you do it doesn't smell much. The bad news is that you dry up like a prune, and no amount of moisturizer is enough. You win some, you lose some. Confused

(BTW, cotton socks or tights are MUCH healthier than synthetic ones. For those of you worried about blocking sweat glands, nylons and synthetic shells are way worse for your body than anything you could do to your armpits.)

dizzy

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:57 am
Always had this problem until I figured out what it was that was causing it: Synthetic fabrics. And by that I mean even just a small percent of it. My summer tops must be 100% cotton, otherwise I'm in bad shape. Try it, you might find this to be a huge relief for you.
Good luck!

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:27 am
Its called HYPERHYDROSIS. You can google treatments.

While I know people are using the terms generically, make sure you are using an ANTIPERSPIRANT. That helps block sweat. Deodorants just mask odor. Also, the clinical products are applied differently, so definitely read the instructions.'

I hear good things about Carpe.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 2:46 pm
I didn't read this whole thread, so apologies if I am repeating.
There's a prescription deodorant called DriSol. Your primary care dr should be able to prescribe it. It helps with sweat and odor. There's another, newer one that I haven't used called Qbrexa (or something like that). I have very sweaty feet and find that I can use DriSol on my feet daily for about a month and then maybe once or twice a week for a few months. Then I go back to using it daily. I don't see any health issue with this, and I've certainly never seen it increase my sweating on other areas of my body.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 4:26 pm
Using sweat shields or pads is so sad. It may not show up on your clothing but the discomfort is so not worth it. Please get a good deodorant prescription or otherwise to deal with the problem

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 4:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So every summer I have the same issue and it’s so embarrassing . I tend sweat excessively and no matter which deodorant I try using, I always have wet underarms.
I’ve tried clinical strength deodorant, practically every brand out there, and cannot figure out the solution.
Any tips????
TYIA

I am from London and my Dr prescribed me something called Driclor. Its absolute magic. u apply at night b4 u go to sleep and wash off with a wet cloth or shower in the morning, you will be DRY the rest of the day! I was also excessively sweating like crazy!
Ask your doctor I'm sure they will have it where you live

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 5:18 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I am from London and my Dr prescribed me something called Driclor. Its absolute magic. u apply at night b4 u go to sleep and wash off with a wet cloth or shower in the morning, you will be DRY the rest of the day! I was also excessively sweating like crazy!
Ask your doctor I'm sure they will have it where you live

This was perscibed just for under the arms or the whole body?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics