Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Rice Krispies Treat

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:37 am
Anyone have a recipe for the rice krispies and marshmallow mixture that does not require cooking?
I want a recipe that doesn't need a pot, so that young kids should be able to do it on their own.

This food but without cooking.
https://www.craftymorning.com/.....ests/

TIA! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

tigerwife

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:53 am
Yes- there is an oven 9x13 recipe on Between Carpools, originally from @bakesandsteaks on Instagram.

Quote:
Oven Peanut Chews
Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter (we prefer crunchy!!)
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
5 cups Rice Krispies
Topping:
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (or in cubes)
1/2 cup peanut butter
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place the peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup into a 9×13, give it a quick stir and put it into the oven for 5 minutes.
At this point it should be mostly melted. Remove from the oven and stir again, making sure to get the corners well. Then put back into the oven for another 2 minutes.
Take the pan out of the oven. Stir well and add the Rice Krispies while stirring. Coat a large spoon with nonstick cooking spray to flatten out the top (you can also use a gloved hand).
To top it off, place chocolate and dot the peanut butter on the top. Place in the oven for 2 minute or until chocolate is soft enough to spread. Smear and let cool.
*Peanut chews can be frozen once sliced*

Above is the original recipe- I make it with marshmallow fluff and peanut butter and rice crispies- no other ingredients except spray oil on the pan. Sometimes I also add mini marshmallows. I make the chocolate topping with chips only, no PB.

Frumme

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 11:48 am
Does a microwave count as cooking?

4g01o

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 1:15 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Yes- there is an oven 9x13 recipe on Between Carpools, originally from @bakesandsteaks on Instagram.

Quote:
Oven Peanut Chews
Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter (we prefer crunchy!!)
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
5 cups Rice Krispies
Topping:
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (or in cubes)
1/2 cup peanut butter
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place the peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup into a 9×13, give it a quick stir and put it into the oven for 5 minutes.
At this point it should be mostly melted. Remove from the oven and stir again, making sure to get the corners well. Then put back into the oven for another 2 minutes.
Take the pan out of the oven. Stir well and add the Rice Krispies while stirring. Coat a large spoon with nonstick cooking spray to flatten out the top (you can also use a gloved hand).
To top it off, place chocolate and dot the peanut butter on the top. Place in the oven for 2 minute or until chocolate is soft enough to spread. Smear and let cool.
*Peanut chews can be frozen once sliced*

Above is the original recipe- I make it with marshmallow fluff and peanut butter and rice crispies- no other ingredients except spray oil on the pan. Sometimes I also add mini marshmallows. I make the chocolate topping with chips only, no PB.

The same amount of peanut butter and fluff?
What are the quantities? . Thanks

tigerwife

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 1:22 pm
Fab4 wrote:
The same amount of peanut butter and fluff?
What are the quantities? . Thanks

About a cup of marshmallow fluff and a cup of peanut butter although you can adjust the ratios to your own tastes. I make sure there is a decent amount of sticky stuff so that the rice crispies don’t fall apart.

4g01o

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 1:24 pm
tigerwife wrote:
About a cup of marshmallow fluff and a cup of peanut butter although you can adjust the ratios to your own tastes. I make sure there is a decent amount of sticky stuff so that the rice crispies don’t fall apart.

Yum thanks so much.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 2:58 pm
tigerwife wrote:

Thanks so much! Will try it.
I'll use marshmallow fluff instead of peanut butter.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 2:58 pm
Frumme wrote:
Does a microwave count as cooking?

NO!
I'll try it in microwave! THANKS LOADS!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics