Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Physical therapy ASAP for myself - sprained ankle

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:39 pm
I’m not on jersey care, have good insurance. Who’s reccomended? First rehab and Meir Rotberg are out of network on my plan

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:43 pm
If you want therapy at home - Link Home Therapy.

anonymrs

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:49 pm
Came here to recommend Mayer Rotberg but I see that doesn't work for you. Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:00 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
If you want therapy at home - Link Home Therapy.

Have you used them?
How does it work with equipment? They bring things?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:00 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Came here to recommend Mayer Rotberg but I see that doesn't work for you. Good luck!

I know, it’s a shame Sad he’s supposed to be amazing

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 1:10 am
Bump

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have you used them?
How does it work with equipment? They bring things?

Yes, they have phenomenal therapists and I think they work with Meir Rotberg - if the patient isn’t right for him he refers to them and vice versa. Obviously it’s not a gym so you won’t have machines but it’s surprising how much you can do using a bag of equipment and regular household items.

galbis

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:00 am
I don't have any experience with them, but I've heard of Gindi Rehab. I know one of their OTs and she's very good but I can't tell you about the PTs.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:08 am
https://youtu.be/3TYj_ugUM7w

Bob and Brad
Youtube physical therapy videos
Saved my family thousands of dollars tens of hours of time.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:36 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
https://youtu.be/3TYj_ugUM7w

Bob and Brad
Youtube physical therapy videos
Saved my family thousands of dollars tens of hours of time.

I can’t even imagine how a 15 min video can replace in person therapy
But thank you anyways

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:07 am
OP, a 15 min video certainly can't replace the therapy in-person experience or even a PT personally demonstrating moves on your body or supervising you doing exercises.

However, the exercises demonstrated by these PTs in all their videos are evidence based, and likely the same ones you'll learn in in-person therapy. If it's not for you, perhaps it can help someone else on this site.

Bob and Brad have helped our family with knee, shoulder, neck, back, elbow ankle and wrist sprains and strains as well as a number of age related inflammatory mobility issues. They are knowledgeable, explain the physiology and suggest and demonstrate exercises as well as self tests to determine if the problem needs professional intervention. Many many issues are able to be treated at home, on our schedule, without missing work or school. It's like having a relative in the industry, even for bad sprains.

Also, COVID has made us all aware of our self sufficiency related to health. I had a relative recover well from open heart surgery using youtube rehab videos religiously ( twice daily) last April and May. In person rehab was deemed a greater risk due to the covid rates at rehabs and nursing homes.

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:08 am
I did PT for tennis elbow a few years ago with Sportscare in Brick, they were amazing but it cost a pretty penny even with my good, private insurance.

I'm doing some PT for back pain with Monmouth Rehab. They are good, even if not as fancy facilities.

checkbefore

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:53 pm
I had a great experience at Atlantic Physical Therapy. They have a few offices.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:27 pm
checkbefore wrote:
I had a great experience at Atlantic Physical Therapy. They have a few offices.

Thank you! Did you go to the Jackson location?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:27 pm
[quote="Chayalle"]I did PT for tennis elbow a few years ago with Sportscare in Brick, they were amazing but it cost a pretty penny even with my good, private insurance.

I'm doing some PT for back pain with Monmouth Rehab. They are good, even if not as fancy facilities.[/quote

Thank you so much!! This is so helpful!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:28 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
OP, a 15 min video certainly can't replace the therapy in-person experience or even a PT personally demonstrating moves on your body or supervising you doing exercises.

However, the exercises demonstrated by these PTs in all their videos are evidence based, and likely the same ones you'll learn in in-person therapy. If it's not for you, perhaps it can help someone else on this site.

Bob and Brad have helped our family with knee, shoulder, neck, back, elbow ankle and wrist sprains and strains as well as a number of age related inflammatory mobility issues. They are knowledgeable, explain the physiology and suggest and demonstrate exercises as well as self tests to determine if the problem needs professional intervention. Many many issues are able to be treated at home, on our schedule, without missing work or school. It's like having a relative in the industry, even for bad sprains.

Also, COVID has made us all aware of our self sufficiency related to health. I had a relative recover well from open heart surgery using youtube rehab videos religiously ( twice daily) last April and May. In person rehab was deemed a greater risk due to the covid rates at rehabs and nursing homes.

Thank you!

checkbefore

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:02 pm
I went to the Lakewood location. Chris and Patrick were great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries