Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood mix?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:34 pm
My husband doesn’t want to move to lakewood, says the pressure is strong and everyone is basically the same. True or untrue? I thought we should move there to get out of our tiny apartment in ny

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:46 pm
I grew up in brooklyn and moved to lakewood after I got married.
I love it here! Theres so much space! We have 5 bedrooms and a big backyard.
But yes -there is pressure here. Not everywhere and not everyone but there is a certain pressure here that I don't remember in brooklyn.
For me personally I'd much rather the space and I really love it here.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:47 pm
I think it's more important to live like a human being than that the people should be your type.
I really do. If you need to get out of your apartment, Lakewood is affordable and beautiful. If you are a nice respectful person you can make friends in most places.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:00 pm
for no pressure dont live in a development (or oak n vine) and if you move to toms river make sure your dh davens in a low pressure shul

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:04 pm
It really depends on a lot. Some neighborhoods and schools have a lot of pressure. Others don't. We are living here and our neighborhood and school are very diverse and really no pressure to conform.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:32 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
for no pressure dont live in a development (or oak n vine) and if you move to toms river make sure your dh davens in a low pressure shul

What does a low pressure shul mean?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:36 pm

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 12:29 am
It’s quite diverse and you can find a Neighborhood that suits your needs. Every Neighborhood kind of has its own feel.

I personally don’t feel a lot of pressure.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:49 am
The neighborhood I grew up in was pretty diverse. (for Lakewood) A couple of chassidish families, several sefardi families, a lot of litvish families. Money wise it's pretty diverse as well. We all grew up very happily Smile
Moving to Lakewood is not a death sentence Tongue Out

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 12:21 pm
You will definitely get more bang for your buck in terms of living conditions in Lakewood than in Brooklyn. That being said, I grew up in Lakewood and continued living here after I got married and Dh and I are desperate to move oot. The pressure is a huge deal and it doesn't just come from the neighborhood you live in. A lot of it comes from the schools. For me personally, I would rather live in a smaller house but know that I have control over my children's chinuch and know that the social peer pressure will be way less
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries