Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bottle aversion

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 5:09 pm
My 4 month old baby has bottle aversion. Has nothing to do with nursing because I stopped when he was around a month old. He took bottles nicely at first and since around 2 months gives me such a hard time. Every feeding takes forever. He can wake up in the morning after not eating for 6 hours and not eat more than 1/2 ounce to an ounce. He doesn't seem to be uncomfortable in any way. He just drinks a bit, burps and then refuses to take more. He either turns his face or pushes it out with his tongue.

At night he eats very nicely. I've consulted with many people and it's clearly not tongue tie. I highly doubt it's reflux because he doesn't seem to be uncomfortable in any way.

I'm at my wits end. I spend all day trying to get him to eat. I have other kids and things to do and I just can't go on anymore. I thought all babies like to eat?!

Does anyone have tips, advice, experience etc?

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:18 pm
Delete

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 15 2023, 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:27 pm
Anyone else experience this??

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:31 pm
Yup. All I can say is bh she loved solids and now she’s a happy toddler. Once they get used to the relaxed, filling up at night it’s hard to get them to take bottles during the day. I just offered and she ate what she wanted, didn’t make it a battle and she was fine (keep track of diapers always). She did take like 4 oz before each nap. Not always...

This was with reflux meds and hypoallergenic formula. Ask ur doc about a trial with meds. Mine would eat zero when I tried lowering the dose
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics