Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Need help with jobs

israeli83

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:15 pm
Ok, I was excited to be approved for aliyah but now reality is sinking in.... there's limited time and we still didn't find any jobs, I'm getting worried and stressed out. I know that we're not in Israel yet but I personally know three people that made aliyah and they didn't go empty handed, they already had jobs to continue either in the US or in Israel. So I'm getting discouraged here....

If any of you hear or know of an open position for a music teacher (specifically strings and percussion) please let me know. Preferably a junior/high school, international or bilingual school if possible or conservatorium. Please PM me with any leads, I REALLY appreciate it. I've been trying to search online as well, no luck so far.

For myself, I'm looking for either an office manager/clerical/office job, I'm ok with Hebrew but also prefer bilingual. And if I get lucky...I prefer a virtual job as an administrative assistant/customer service type.

THANK YOU!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 11:54 pm
Your job shouldn't be too hard to find. You can wait until you get here and get settled down and he finds his job.

He shouldn't wait for an open position. He should start faxing his CV to every place that might feasibly have a job for him, then calling to ask if they got his CV. Places might not think they have a job opening for percussion teacher, but see his resume and be like "hey, we could hire a percussion teacher!"

Rappel

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 12:16 am
Hmmmm... Yes, I think you guys can find what you're looking for. But your DH may need to go independent for a while. Private music teacher, or running a high school chug, etc. Expect a lower salary until he builds up his name. If you want, I can make inquiries in my area and pm you anything good.

Where are you planning to live? And when is your aliyah date?

There's a music conservatory in Kedumim which teaches music across the towns around here. I was thinking of signing up DS5 this autumn for string (specifically ukelele, since that's what we have) and percussion. So if you plan on being around, please let me know!

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 12:22 am
Where would you like to live if you could find jobs there? Even a few random things that are plusses and not necessary... Chabad community, Spanish speakers, sea, big city, moshav...?

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:03 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Where would you like to live if you could find jobs there? Even a few random things that are plusses and not necessary... Chabad community, Spanish speakers, sea, big city, moshav...?

How do you know he is a Spanish speaker? Haha
So yea he could also teach Spanish but prefer to continue with music.
I’m still searching for communities. Looking at Yavne, Kfar Yona, Modiin... Harish (is a bit far but much more affordable for us).

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:09 am
Honestly, as someone who has worked as a teacher here for decades and looked at teacher CVs, it's going to be tough to get a job long distance.
He should get a Hebrew CV ready and send directly to every single school in the area he is interested in, with a Hebrew cover letter. Not all offer music, of course, but no harm in sending.
They will have to interview him on zoom, and they may be wary about hiring someone who isn't even in the country yet.

israeli83

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 9:37 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Honestly, as someone who has worked as a teacher here for decades and looked at teacher CVs, it's going to be tough to get a job long distance.
He should get a Hebrew CV ready and send directly to every single school in the area he is interested in, with a Hebrew cover letter. Not all offer music, of course, but no harm in sending.
They will have to interview him on zoom, and they may be wary about hiring someone who isn't even in the country yet.

We are set to move in July so it’s only a few more months.., the Aliyah has been confirmed. But this is the time that schools hire, it might be too late by the time we arrive to look at schools, he would probably only have private lessons and we need a more stable job so that’s why we want to try to look now.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 9:41 am
israeli83 wrote:
We are set to move in July so it’s only a few more months.., the Aliyah has been confirmed. But this is the time that schools hire, it might be too late by the time we arrive to look at schools, he would probably only have private lessons and we need a more stable job so that’s why we want to try to look now.

Is he a native English speaker, or almost native? Does he have a BA and a teaching diploma recognized by Misrad Hachinuch?
English teachers are in very high demand here. Even if he didn't learn the field, he can probably find a job teaching English more easily than one teaching music. It might be a good idea till you settle down and he gets his bearings.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 9:58 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
How do you know he is a Spanish speaker? Haha
So yea he could also teach Spanish but prefer to continue with music.
I’m still searching for communities. Looking at Yavne, Kfar Yona, Modiin... Harish (is a bit far but much more affordable for us).

If you like Kfar Yona, I recommend you send DH's CV to the Netanya Conservatory of Music.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions