Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How you care for your eyebrows

Eyebrows - Do you....?
Tweeze  
 46%  [ 27 ]
Wax  
 31%  [ 18 ]
Laser  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other  
 8%  [ 5 ]
Leave them natural  
 12%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 58

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:11 am
Curious what method is mostly done.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:42 am
I used to wax but then they got too thin.

Then I did Electrolyses for 4 years but I barely saw any results.

Now I tweeze and use a serum which is supposed to minimize the hair growth. I don’t have much hair just under my brow.

hodeez

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:45 am
I thread

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:46 am
Threading
I tweeze some stray hairs in between if They grow
I break out from waxing

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:48 am
I didn't know eyebrows needed special care. I just let them do what they want.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:56 am
Word to the wise: Keep them as close to your natural shape as possible, and err on the side of leaving them too thick! Skinny, sparse eyebrows make you look 10 years older.

Back in the 70's and 80's, thinner brows were "in". Well guess what? When you hit menopause, not only do your brows turn gray (nearly invisible unless you dye them), but you have fewer active hair follicles in general.

This means that you are depending on filling in your brows for the rest of your life, unless you do some kind of semi permanant treatment like microblading, or having to fill in your brows every time you want to leave the house.

Of course, because nature is cruel like that, the monobrow in the middle is still growing like a weed patch. wondering

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:05 am
I voted tweeze, but really I mostly leave them alone and just tweeze an occasional stray hair.

singleagain

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:06 am
I used to wax. Then covid hit and I wasn't able to. Then I finally made an appointment again and it snowed me out. So I haven't done it in over a year... But I wax just to keep clean and keep the shape.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 9:52 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I used to wax but then they got too thin.

Then I did Electrolyses for 4 years but I barely saw any results.

Now I tweeze and use a serum which is supposed to minimize the hair growth. I don’t have much hair just under my brow.

Oh, wow. I am tweezing for 25 years, always a bit too much. I decided to go for electrolysis now. But then it becomes a hassle..plus may not work so well. And it's costly. Not sure how to continue...

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:02 am
I did electrolysis in high school and haven't touched my eyebrows since.
Fuschia its very interesting that you did it for 4 years and didn't see results, unless you had super bushy brows. Electrolysis is very effective and pretty much permanent. I've tweezed out a few tiny hairs over the years but that's about it.
If you want a great BP recommendation then PM me, it really wasn't too painful, way less than laser.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:36 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
I did electrolysis in high school and haven't touched my eyebrows since.
Fuschia its very interesting that you did it for 4 years and didn't see results, unless you had super bushy brows. Electrolysis is very effective and pretty much permanent. I've tweezed out a few tiny hairs over the years but that's about it.
If you want a great BP recommendation then PM me, it really wasn't too painful, way less than laser.

I tried a few different people. My eyebrows are definitely not bushy. It got a bit better but definitely not worth the pain and time and money it took and costed.... It doesn’t work in everyone just saying.

Laser works on me but it’s too delicate to do there. I laser on my whole body besides my face with nice (if a bit slower than usual) results.

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:46 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I tried a few different people. My eyebrows are definitely not bushy. It got a bit better but definitely not worth the pain and time and money it took and costed.... It doesn’t work in everyone just saying.

Laser works on me but it’s too delicate to do there. I laser on my whole body besides my face with nice (if a bit slower than usual) results.

Wow ok than I feel bad, it must be super frustrating to you! I wish I had a tip for a different solution but bh I haven't tried anything else
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics