Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Tongue tie

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:39 pm
What do doctors do for this? Is the procedure painful for the baby?

My baby is a bit tongue tied on his right side but the doctor didn’t want to fix it because he’s gaining nicely and eating well. My problem is that he takes 40 minutes to properly feed and has a hard time latching. It’s painful for me as well.

I’m taking him back to the doctor.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:41 pm
oops sorry op I made a mistake- my baby had a lip tie...

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:02 pm
I had 2 kids lasered. It took about 20 seconds. One kid had no pain after, the other was sad that day-nothing a little Tylenol/Motrin can't take care of though. Nursing was much quicker and easier after and baby was so much happier.

SYA

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:10 pm
I went to Dr Scott Rickert in NYU. He snipped it and feeding was so much quicker and pain free within a few days.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:13 pm
I had few kids with tongue tie. Went to dr ari goldsmith ENT, clipped it , wasn’t too painful for baby and right after you nurse your baby. I would defiantly recommend getting him evaluated by a recommended ENT , pediatricians or regular nurses don’t always know what they’re seeing .. and if you’re in pain it would help a lot. It also depends if it’s a frontal tongue tie or posterior ... frontal cam affect speech later on

amother
Peach

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:36 pm
I had it clipped both times and it didn't help for nursing. Sad

I think that in the future I might do laser, even if the doctors don't take insurance, because it seems to be a smoother procedure.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 11:26 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I had it clipped both times and it didn't help for nursing. Sad

I think that in the future I might do laser, even if the doctors don't take insurance, because it seems to be a smoother procedure.

I’m not sure what insurance u have but we had it covered on fidelis. Private would be around 350$. We’ll worth it.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 1:20 am
I wrnt to Dr Eddie Jackson State Street Smiles in NJ. He did it with laser. No pain n helped a lot with nursing. My other one I had an ENT clip it. Laser was so much easier

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:14 am
My baby had a tongue tie and the doctors didn't want to fix it since he was gaining nicely..... ended up clipping it when he was 2.5 to help with his speech (he anyway had surgery for tubes so they clipped it then) I
highly recommend getting it done as an infant

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:28 am
Thank you all. I’m doing it no matter what I’m just scared I’ll lose my milk before then!

amother
Peach

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 12:56 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I’m not sure what insurance u have but we had it covered on fidelis. Private would be around 350$. We’ll worth it.

Which doctor did you see? I thought none of them take insurance.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 12:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you all. I’m doing it no matter what I’m just scared I’ll lose my milk before then!

Can you pump to keep up your supply?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics