Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Hay Fever now- anyone else dealing with this?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:09 pm
Bh I have this my whole life but this season has been challenging! Zyrtec , nose spray eye drops and cream.
Still not fully clear. symptoms especially itchy eyes still very present.
Any suggestions very welcome!
Thanks!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bh I have this my whole life but this season has been challenging! Zyrtec , nose spray eye drops and cream.
Still not fully clear. symptoms especially itchy eyes still very present.
Any suggestions very welcome!
Thanks!

I used to have horrible seasonal allergies.
A few years ago I embarked on a radical health/cleansing diet and as a result I didn't suffer from any allergy symptoms the past few years.
This year, however, is different. I"m hearing it from other cleansing friends as well. This year the allergies are brutal. I doubled down on my diet/cleansing last week and it's helping. My symptoms went from a 10 to a 1. B''H.

amother
Black

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:13 pm
Steroid nose sprays take a few weeks to work.
Meanwhile try Astelin spray. It's really good and is like benadryl in your nose.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:17 pm
Thank you babypink I was starting to think of cutting out wheat and black already on astelin spelling? Thanks both of you!

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:27 pm
My poor 4 year old granddaughter has it and can't play outside. I did buy her some children's Zyrtec and DIL took her to the allergist but truthfully, this kid has had a variety of allergies almost from birth I feel so sorry for her. I amuse her with her favorite game which is pick up sticks but she would rather play outside.

deb2016

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:43 pm
Can you explain what type of cleansing diet you are on

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:53 pm
I have bad allergies to dust but this season the pollen allergies are just beyond. I don't remember ever reacting this way to pollen before. My doctor tells me it's really, really bad this season and even people who never had allergies are reacting. My regular dose of Xyzal was doing nothing, so I added Benadryl every 4 hours and it helped. Steroid nasal spray is good, as is Azelastine. Not sure if you can take both of them on the same day.

You can also take Afrin but I think only for about 2 days, not more, and I don't think you can take it when you're taking the other nasal sprays, but it really provides relief fast. Just make sure to read the instructions because if you take it for too long it makes things worse.

Also try adding vitamins. Vitamin C and Quercetin, I would think.

esuss

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:03 pm
My son usually has such bad allergy symptoms this time of year. Took Allegra. Always got sinus infection anyway. This year he switched to Claritin and its working
Maybe you have to change to a different anti histamine.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:23 pm
I feel sinuRinse helps a lot. I know it’s to clean out your sinuses but I think it rinses the allergens from my nose. It helps me with nose, cough, congestion.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:37 pm
OP I’m basically doing what you’re doing only I break the tablet in half and take twice a day rather than once a day so I have more coverage in my waking hours. I have a whole arsenal of allergy medication and I find that different ones work better for different irritants in different seasons. Right now I find Allegra to work better than Zyrtec (plus I take 1/2 tablet twice a day about 8 hours apart and since it’s non drowsy I can do this more easily than Zyrtec).

Also vitamins C and D.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 2:07 am
I never had allergies and this season I had to take claritin for 3 weeks.

Take
B pollen
Vitamin c
Pantothenic acid

All 3 together. Really helps.
Feel better!!

oneofakind

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:45 am
The herb Stinging Nettle can be very helpful. This year the allergies are brutal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics