Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
S/O what house do you think you'd be Sorted into? Explain
1  2  3  4  Next

What house do you think you'd be Sorted into?
Gryffindor  
 11%  [ 8 ]
Hufflepuff  
 18%  [ 13 ]
Ravenclaw  
 58%  [ 41 ]
Slytherin  
 11%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 70

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:32 am
Which Hogwarts House do you think you'd have been Sorted into?

For me, it's most likely Ravenclaw. I was the class know-it-all as a kid. 5 on the Enneagram. I always identified with Hermione.

That being said, I'm fiercely loyal and am willing to stand up for what's right even when it's unpopular. Perhaps that would make me a Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.

scruffy

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:34 am
Great minds think alike lol just started the same thread!!

More HP all around:)

southernbubby

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:37 am
I would only be accepted into Slytherin.

watergirl

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:37 am
You can be sorted! I've sorted myself a million times since the site formerly known as "Pottermore" came out ages ago. I am a Hufflepuff through and through - every single time.

https://www.wizardingworld.com/

scruffy

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:38 am
I got Slytherin more than once on the official quiz, but I think I'm either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.

cbsp

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Which Hogwarts House do you think you'd have been Sorted into?

For me, it's most likely Ravenclaw. I was the class know-it-all as a kid. 5 on the Enneagram. I always identified with Hermione.

That being said, I'm fiercely loyal and am willing to stand up for what's right even when it's unpopular. Perhaps that would make me a Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.

Wasn't Hermione Gryffindor?

scruffy

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:47 am
cbsp wrote:

The Sorting Hat was trying to decide whether to place her in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw IIRC.

youngishbear

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:50 am
Ravenclaw, without question.

I value knowledge and wisdom.

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:59 am
Hmmm, tough one. Have to think about it.

😆🙄

bigsis144

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:04 am
I used to be a Ravenclaw (I think a high proportion of Jewish people would sort themselves that way due to our value of knowledge and discourse), but now I’m a Hufflepuff. Ultimately, we gotta care about people.

(Though my true belief is that the sorting system at Hogwarts does more harm than good and should be abolished. Hasn’t anyone Hogwarts got a background in child psychology or development?!? We’re just passing generational trauma onto the next batch of wizards... 😜)

Last edited by bigsis144 on Thu, May 06 2021, 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:04 am
watergirl wrote:
You can be sorted! I've sorted myself a million times since the site formerly known as "Pottermore" came out ages ago. I am a Hufflepuff through and through - every single time.

I know, but those tests are wildly obvious. I'm asking based on what you know about yourself.

icedcoffee

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:05 am
I had always identified with Ravenclaw because I always have my nose in a book and love learning about new things. When Pottermore came out, my now-husband wrote me a card in advance that said "I'll still love you even if you're Hufflepuff." Sure enough, it sorted me into Hufflepuff. And now I can fully embrace my Hufflepuff qualities and believe maybe it is a better match than Ravenclaw. I don't think I'd enjoy having to solve a riddle every time I want to go to my bedroom Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:05 am
cbsp wrote:

What scruffy said - the Sorting Hat was debating before deciding on Gryffindor. Hermione has many Ravenclaw traits. I'm more of a wimp than Hermione, though, so I'd probably end up in Ravenclaw.

Then again, does it make you wimpy not to want to do the things that Harry, Ron, and Hermione did?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:06 am
icedcoffee wrote:
I had always identified with Ravenclaw because I always have my nose in a book and love learning about new things. When Pottermore came out, my now-husband wrote me a card in advance that said "I'll still love you even if you're Hufflepuff." Sure enough, it sorted me into Hufflepuff. And now I can fully embrace my Hufflepuff qualities and believe maybe it is a better match than Ravenclaw. I don't think I'd enjoy having to solve a riddle every time I want to go to my bedroom Smile

I hear you. I don't think I'd enjoy that, either, but the concept is interesting to me. I wouldn't mind a riddle to get into the classroom.

icedcoffee

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:06 am
bigsis144 wrote:

(Though my true belief is that the sorting system at Hogwarts does more harm than good and should be abolished. Hasn’t anyone Hogwarts got a background in child psychology or development?!? We’re just passing generational trauma onto the next batch of wizards... 😜)

LOL reminds me of this tweet:

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:07 am
bigsis144 wrote:
I used to be a Ravenclaw (I think a high proportion of Jewish people would sort themselves that way due to our value of knowledge and discourse), but now I’m a Hufflepuff. Ultimately, we gotta care about people.

Agreed. This was one of the overly simplistic and negative aspects of HP. Talk about putting kids into boxes at a young age...

scruffy

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:11 am
But every house produced both good and evil wizards.

Snape was a Slytherin.

Pettigrew was a Gryffindor. (Although honestly I don't think he personifies his house.)

It's like being born under the mazal of Ma'adim: you can choose to become a mass murderer, or instead to be a shochet or mohel Smile

cbsp

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:12 am
icedcoffee wrote:

So I thought this analysis was interesting

Why Hermione Is Not a Ravenclaw
https://www.mugglenet.com/2018.....claw/

Maybe it similarly applies to you...

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:15 am
scruffy wrote:
But every house produced both good and evil wizards.

Snape was a Slytherin.

Pettigrew was a Gryffindor. (Although honestly I don't think he personifies his house.)

It's like being born under the mazal of Ma'adim: you can choose to become a mass murderer, or instead to be a shochet or mohel Smile

Snape was not a good person, though. Brave- yes. Ultimately on the right side- yes. But selfish, doing the right thing for the wrong reasons? You bet. He's a complex character, but I don't think you can call a person like that good.

Why Pettigrew was a Gryffindor is beyond me. I know he was nearly a hatstall, probably because there's no good House to sort him into. It was just by default.

The Houses are still a little too cut-and-dried to represent real life. I'm sure there are many other mazalos besides Ma'adim.

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:16 am
watergirl wrote:

I did that once and turned out to be a Gryffindor. But personally, I think I'm much more of a Hufflepuff!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room